12-28-08, 05:40 PM   #1
Mooky
A Murloc Raider

Lightbulb Afk Random Quotes

Ok I've looked around and tryed using wowlua ingame, so far all i can do is play with the afkcheck and change the message, bit woop not what i was trying to do.

So i've given up, as you can see 'AFK Random Quotes' (Was gonna call it AFK Quote Of The Day) Is a AFK Message replacer, what i wanted it to do was pick from say 5-10 different quotes (Altered via GUI or Hard LUA Edit) Which then once whispered would reply with a different AFK message everytime. This is what i wanted to do, and this is what i failed todo.

So am asking any mod authors out there if they'd like to create it for me, keep the credit for the idea if you can make it. As i said i've tryed and failed, so the idea is there for anyone to use.

Goodluck if you decide to create this.

ps am also after a personl addon on a simular note, for when i go afk, it'll whisper my partner to let her know, as i often have to dash afk and dont always have time to say.
But i need to learn how to use
Code:
ADDONNAME:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_FLAGS_CHANGED");
But thats all i know for that bit apart from
Code:
if UnitIsAFK("player") then
   SendChatMessage("msg", "chan", "Lang", "partners name");
end

Last edited by Mooky : 12-28-08 at 06:15 PM.
01-12-09, 08:40 AM   #2
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mooky View Post
Ok I've looked around and tryed using wowlua ingame, so far all i can do is play with the afkcheck and change the message, bit woop not what i was trying to do.

So i've given up, as you can see 'AFK Random Quotes' (Was gonna call it AFK Quote Of The Day) Is a AFK Message replacer, what i wanted it to do was pick from say 5-10 different quotes (Altered via GUI or Hard LUA Edit) Which then once whispered would reply with a different AFK message everytime. This is what i wanted to do, and this is what i failed todo.

So am asking any mod authors out there if they'd like to create it for me, keep the credit for the idea if you can make it. As i said i've tryed and failed, so the idea is there for anyone to use.

Goodluck if you decide to create this.

ps am also after a personl addon on a simular note, for when i go afk, it'll whisper my partner to let her know, as i often have to dash afk and dont always have time to say.
But i need to learn how to use
Code:
ADDONNAME:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_FLAGS_CHANGED");
But thats all i know for that bit apart from
Code:
if UnitIsAFK("player") then
   SendChatMessage("msg", "chan", "Lang", "partners name");
end

Have you checked out resources wowprograming.com and wowwiki.com? Do you have a frame to register the event with? And the format for whispering would be: SendChatMessage("msg", "WHISPER", nil, "partners name"); note that the third pram may be nil and the second is to be "WHISPER" if you want to whisper. Also, you can use a table with indexes and use RNG to select one of the quotes. Additionally, AFK is a chat channel that sets your auto-reply message: SendChatMessage("msg", "CHANNEL", nil, "AFK"); I think.

You can also try out my mod SayAgain. It can set your AFK message, yet, manually when you invoke it with the slash command or keybind.

Let me know what helps.

Author of Daily Bean Counter, MyNameTogglesWhenIAFKorDND, Extended Shutdown Warning, Auto Mail Director, Duel Nullify, Spec Transmiter, Say Again, Window Teller, Who Crafts, Ad Repeater, Privy Cork, Mac Backup, and more.
01-13-09, 10:59 AM   #3
Banur
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For that you could write a macro containing:

Code:
/afk
/w <your partners name> "I'm afk! Back soon..."
So you will send the msg and go afk at the same time

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Afk Random Quotes