07-12-10, 04:10 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
First 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000001 - #000050. Go get your key and start downloading!
07-12-10, 04:13 PM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I got mine. I love you, WoWI.
07-12-10, 04:15 PM   #3
yssaril
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Talking

WOW that was fast thanks Cairenn
10-05-10, 09:09 AM   #4
Thortok2000
A Defias Bandit

Just signed up. Not sure if my addon counts because it was made by someone else who no longer supports it and officially allowed me to take over. But if it counts, awesome. ^_^ I'd really like to help get the addons working ASAP.
10-14-10, 01:42 PM   #5
asd
A Murloc Raider

Wholeheartedly agreed. I have joined years ago, but decided to start making addons a few months ago.Seeing we are developing a very large and complex addon, and Cataclysm is drawing near, I pray the next batch will come soon, for we have really no other way to update our in-progress addon.

I wonder what they're waiting for though. A new wave, or around 100~ addon authors that are waiting? (seems like 80 are waiting so far.)

Edit: It appears that nearly a month ago more keys went out. So good, it seems it was simply the main page that wasn't updated. Hope I would have time by the time it is updated!
Please excuse my (our) name. I (we) have thought I can change names due to someone telling me so. Seeing things, such as this, require being here for a bit, something the new account I have doesn't have, I'll be using this account for the approximate next 3 months.

Last edited by asd : 10-14-10 at 05:44 PM.
10-15-10, 10:55 AM   #6
asd
A Murloc Raider

Though, I am wondering what WoWInterface is waiting for. There's around what, six weeks left. Hopefully I may get my addon ready for 4.0.3, if and when WoWInterface sends more keys.
Please excuse my (our) name. I (we) have thought I can change names due to someone telling me so. Seeing things, such as this, require being here for a bit, something the new account I have doesn't have, I'll be using this account for the approximate next 3 months.

10-15-10, 12:11 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
WoWInterface isn't waiting for anything.

It's up to Blizzard if and when they decide to send out more keys. To be honest, I am not certain if they will, since 4.0.1 is now Live - though do not take my speculation to be fact - I'm not the one that keeps in touch with Blizzard.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-12-10, 04:16 PM   #8
Disorion
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
First 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000001 - #000050. Go get your key and start downloading!
Damn! #55 lol
Any idea how fast each wave will come out?
Btw thanks for this!
07-12-10, 04:19 PM   #9
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Disorion View Post
Damn! #55 lol
Any idea how fast each wave will come out?
Btw thanks for this!
We're (or Dolby more accurately) is doing batches of 50 right now.
07-12-10, 05:28 PM   #10
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Ok, authors, I expect all my addons to work upon launch of Cataclysm. You can blame Cairenn for these expectations! If any addons fail to work, there will be tar-ings, feather-ings, and pies-in-the-face!

I'm kidding, of course; I think it's awesome that Cairenn (or whomever at WoWInterface) managed to get our great authors in on this deal! Good luck with the compatibility changes!
07-12-10, 05:30 PM   #11
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Awesome, Ticket 89! :]

Thanks WoWInterface for this opportunity. I created a Portuguese WoW / MMO Website in Portuguese (Massivo.net) and this comes in handy too so I can report news, take screenshots, etc.

Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).

I knew when I chose WoWInterface that this was the best place to host my addons! ^^

Last edited by neverg : 07-12-10 at 05:38 PM.
07-12-10, 05:32 PM   #12
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by neverg View Post
Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).
If it's anything like the previous expansions, authors will find a checkbox to show that their addon is "Cataclysm compatible".
07-12-10, 06:07 PM   #13
Selina
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hmm, maybe I missed something, but is there no option to denote whether one plays on eu or us realms this time around ?

Just asking because the Wotlk beta keys for addon authors were seperated into US and EU keys.
07-12-10, 06:11 PM   #14
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by neverg View Post
Awesome, Ticket 89! :]

Thanks WoWInterface for this opportunity. I created a Portuguese WoW / MMO Website in Portuguese (Massivo.net) and this comes in handy too so I can report news, take screenshots, etc.

I knew when I chose WoWInterface that this was the best place to host my addons! ^^
Yup, you can already upload to our Cataclysm category, although that won't do you much good right now with addons being disabled.
07-13-10, 05:34 AM   #15
Bl4ckSh33p
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I just wanted to try if it works without a sub.
But I will get one today just for the beta.
07-13-10, 05:46 AM   #16
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
How many different times and ways did we have to tell you that you needed an active account in order to use the key, though, is my point.
07-13-10, 11:32 AM   #17
gendi
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up

Big hugs! wowinterface delivers time after time
07-14-10, 12:28 PM   #18
dranik2
A Kobold Labourer
give me a key plz
07-14-10, 01:36 PM   #19
tukz
A Fallenroot Satyr

Nice to see Cairenn giving beta keys again as in all previous beta. Have fun guys having a key but don't be too happy yet... servers are currently unplayable since yesterday. Lastest patch seem to be unstable.

Well.. see you in the beta!

And great job as always Cairenn.
07-14-10, 01:50 PM   #20
miros
A Defias Bandit

/sit
/wait for 256
/tar Cairenn
/grin

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!