10-20-13, 05:07 PM   #1
Vegetto82
A Defias Bandit
Addon Lua Error Help

Greetings!

I have been using a druid addon for some time that is broken since 5.4.
Sadly the addon as many others have been abandoned and my lua coding skills are 0.
Yes i know there are many updated druid addons out there why i'm "crying" for help,but i like this one for it's simplicity and that it's showing everything i need in a compact form,plus i don't have to go through countless settings,menus and overcomplicated options.

The addon can be found here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...peShifter.html
and the error i got everytime i log in is this
Code:
Message: ...ace\AddOns\MasterShapeShifter\MasterShapeShifter.lua:760: 
Usage: UnitBuff("unit", [index] or ["name", "rank"][, "filter"])
Time: 10/21/13 00:18:08
Count: 1493
Stack: [C]: in function `UnitBuff'
...ace\AddOns\MasterShapeShifter\MasterShapeShifter.lua:760: in function `MSS_FloatAlert_OnUpdate'
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = "player"
(*temporary) = nil
My question can this be fixed somehow or it's much bigger error and not worth the time to meddle?
Thank you very much for your time and help.

Regards.
10-20-13, 05:55 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In the simplest case, some druid spell got removed in 5.4 and the addon is trying to query it.
The error means that UnitBuff() is called without any arguments or with some arguments missing.

Edit:
After a quick look through the source my guess would be "Dream of Cenarius" spellid: 108381
I don't have a druid but I'm guessing that spell was removed from the game but still referenced in the addon.

One way to fix it is to open MasterShapeShifter.xml in a text editor (something like notepad++ recommended)
Then navigate to the section that starts at line 924 and ends at line 937 and comment it out.
Make it so line 924 is like this
Code:
<!--<Frame name="MSS_FloatAlert_DoC" inherits="MSS_FloatAlert_T">
and line 937 like this
Code:
</Frame>-->
Save the file, reload the game, it should get rid of the error if there's no other spells referenced that were removed from the game.

Last edited by Dridzt : 10-20-13 at 06:08 PM.
10-23-13, 10:15 AM   #3
Vegetto82
A Defias Bandit
Thank you very much for your help Dridzt. Following your instructions it's working now flawlessly.
Dream of Cenarius spellid changed in 5.4 after i checked in Wowhead.
Moreover i inserted http://www.wowhead.com/spell=145152 spellid and now the addon properly showing the buff.
I'm very grateful for your help because without your guide,i would never find it where to change the code.

Regards.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Lua Error Help