03-24-06, 04:23 PM   #1
sstez
A Kobold Labourer
Addon Folder Completely Fails to appear

I am not new to wow or modding however last night i was forced to make a system restore during which wow was "half" deleted... so i reinstalled the game again... and copied my Addons and WTF folder but the addons just refuse to work or show up int he game.
I have red the guidelines in the other topic as to how install addons...(i knew them anyways but it said comment that you've seen it).
I think something is wrong with the file pathing and where wow looks for addons but i ran the game without any addons... the game installed its own UI Blizzard bars and then I copied my addons to the same location but still didnt make a diffrence.

anyways here are the screenies if they help:

trying it with 1 addon where the bliz bars where installed when i ran the game without Interface folder:

[img=http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6585/a16cm.th.jpg]

One with all the package:

[img=http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9420/16bu.th.jpg]

Both produce the same result, i.e. no addons installed.

[img=http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/37/32tz.th.jpg]
03-24-06, 05:07 PM   #2
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Double check that you have the correct install path. WoW is normally installed to the Program Files directory, not the root of C drive. You may have two copies of the install.
03-24-06, 05:28 PM   #3
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by sstez
I am not new to wow or modding however last night i was forced to make a system restore during which wow was "half" deleted... so i reinstalled the game again... and copied my Addons and WTF folder but the addons just refuse to work or show up int he game.
I have red the guidelines in the other topic as to how install addons...(i knew them anyways but it said comment that you've seen it).
I think something is wrong with the file pathing and where wow looks for addons but i ran the game without any addons... the game installed its own UI Blizzard bars and then I copied my addons to the same location but still didnt make a diffrence.
You say you reinstalled the game, but you don't say whether you uninstalled it first. You also don't say whether you reinstalled to the same location?

Anyways, I think that may not be relevant, you say you ran the game without any addons and WoW installed the 10 default Blizzard addons itself! Have you tried running the WoW Repair utility? I *think* something may still be messed up but I can't really be certain. Unless someone else comes up with a solution you may have to contact Tech Support to see if they can help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Folder Completely Fails to appear