12-29-10, 10:23 PM   #1
mrdreamers
A Murloc Raider

Exclamation Map and MiniMap Help Please!

1.) How do i save the size of my minimap and big map when i push "M" on the keyboard?
Because when i do the minimap disappears. I used to know how yo save it and pressed #1 on the keyboard and it would goto the minimap and #2 would goto the big map i think it was through keybinding but i forgot how.

2.) My minimap show the whole big map inside of it and i have to press restore scale or something like that everytime, how do I fix it so i don't see the big map inside anymore?

plz help ty

12-30-10, 01:18 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1) In Carbonite, there is no minimap. That is Blizzards default map. The big (normal, large, maximized) map and the small (minimized) map are the same map.

Open your Carbonite Options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and go to the "Map" page. Look for the "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" and make sure it is UNchecked.

The size of Carbonite's maps are saved per character on log out (and may be saved at certain points during game play, but I'm not sure). Personally, I believe the best thing you can do is size the minimized map the way you want it, and put it where you want it and then lock it so it can't be accidentally moved or re-sized.

There are several key binding options available for Carbonite in the default key binding interface: ESC > Key Bindings, and scroll down the list to "Carbonite".

2) Because they are the same map, just minimized and maximized, the way they appear can't be changed. One thing you might want to look at is this: In the upper right corner of the minimized map there are two small boxes. The first is for "Auto Scale" and the other is to "Close / Lock". Try putting a check in the "Auto Scale" box and see if that does what you are looking for.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map and MiniMap Help Please!