11-27-10, 12:32 PM   #1
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sync action bars between talent specs?

So here's the thing, a majority of my characters nowadays have two talent specs, either for convenience or variety. But every now and again I do a couple of changes here and there to the action bars on one of the specs, all of which have to be repeated on the other spec if I want them to stay the same--which I do; the only action bars that really differ from spec to spec on any of my characters are the main action bar and (to some extent) the upper left action bar, as they're usually filled with spells and abilities specific to that spec, while the rest are filled wit more all-around abilities (as well as consumables and suchlike) and are therefore convenient to just keep the same across the specs.

It's a bit of a hassle to reorganize the action bars for both specs just for the sake of shifting some things around, though, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any addons that'll let me automatically keep the action bars more alike across a character's specs? So that if I move some abilities around on a certain given action bar on one spec, then switch over to the other, the same abilities will appear in the same locations on the other spec?
11-27-10, 02:41 PM   #2
xblmarijewwana
A Kobold Labourer
I don't know of such an add-on, but it should be absurdly easy to write:
1) Make a .toc file containing only the title and interface of your add-on; no other options should be needed except maybe notes.
2) Put it in a folder with the same name minus the ".toc"
3) Put another text file in the same folder named Bindings.xml, containing the following:
<Bindings>

<Binding name="HIDE_MENU" description="Hide/Show main menu bar">

if MainMenuBar:IsShown() then MainMenuBar:Hide() else MainMenuBar:Show() end

</Binding>

</Bindings>

4) put this folder in your AddOns folder.
5) Boot WoW, find the binding in your KB menu.

It will probably not work during combat. It could be made to, but that's rather more complicated.
11-27-10, 03:08 PM   #3
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Won't that like... give me an addon that lets me show/hide the main bar itself at a key press?

What I'm looking for, or at least hoping to find, is an addon that'll give me an easy way to keep the abilities on certain action bars the same across both talent specs on a character, even though the action bars themselves technically won't be the same. So that if I keep a bunch of random pets on a certain action bar in one spec and then switch over to the other spec and put a lot of mounts into the same action bar on that spec (so that spec 1 has pets on it, spec 2 has mounts on it), once I switch back to the first spec again that bar will have synced with the other spec and those pets will have been replaced been with mounts.

At the same time, something tells me it'd be easier to just keep on syncing them manually. Because something like this probably isn't anywhere to be found right now.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Sync action bars between talent specs?