11-22-10, 09:00 PM   #1
Mawyer
A Defias Bandit
Addon Idea

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but after some digging I can't seem to find a final answer.

Can a addon cast a spell, out of combat based on getting a whisper?

I have looked throught a lot of dated addons like whispercast, and a few others, the sample of what I want to atempt would be a Mage Portal, Broker/Seller addon.

With the portals in Dal and Shat being removed, would be a great addon.

Addon Say something like Portals for 5g, whisper me "buy"

This triggers a trade with the player that whispered and range checks, player drops in 5g and trade finished(checks gold count is +5g) this triggers a player invite.

Player is whispered a list of locations like wisper me from list -
P1 - IF
P2 - SW
so on.

Player whispers P1 and addon Mage Cast Portal IF.
Player uses portal and is on the other side, Player gets a whisper would you like to leave party or player leaves.

Broker goes back into Next customer...

So good idea, but not if you can no longer have a addon perform a cast based on a whisper action (like a click or button push) or is it only for non player actions now like - raid invite etc.

Making this pointless...

Thanks
11-22-10, 09:10 PM   #2
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
it has to be a hardware event, the portal cannot be automatically called by any means unless you click a button.

you can have one button, and then when they whisper you P1 that it changes which spell the button casts, but you cant cast it automatically

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
11-22-10, 09:22 PM   #3
Mawyer
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for the fast reply.

I thought this was the case, just could not find a difinitive answer before I spent hours trying to code something.

I guess just a broker addon and a lot of clicking...

Thanks again...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Idea