10-15-10, 07:38 AM   #1
Oyjord
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Noob question re: minimap (beta version)

Hi all,

I'm using the new beta version, just love it! I can play again!

However I'm an eternal noob, and I can't figure something out. I used the old Carbonite minimap to show the "google" detailed view most all the time, unless I zoomed way out using the scrollwheel over the minimap. That way I saw my imported herbalism nodes and all the flightmasters, mailboxes, etc.

Now, with the new Carb loaded, I can't seem to get the config right. Zoomed in, I only see the old WoW map on my minimap. Sure I see the herb nodes and the FMs, but I don't get that nice "Google" map look unless I scrollwheel zoom out much too far.

I know this sounds messy, but if I'm being clear enough, I sure would appreciate a pointer or too, how I can get back my nice Google Map view when zoomed way in, but not like the "docked" view which hides the FM and mailbox icons, etc.

Thanks!

10-15-10, 08:55 AM   #2
Oyjord
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Another similar problem I'm having with the beta....

Even when I haven't merged the Carbonite minimap with Blizzard's, Blizzard's minimap still shows my herb nodes as different graphics, not the bold yellow dot.

Is there a setting for this I'm missing? I sure would like to see that yellow dot (again, my Carb map is open separately, not merged).

Thanks!

10-15-10, 10:44 AM   #3
Kynthia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Oyjord View Post
Another similar problem I'm having with the beta....

Even when I haven't merged the Carbonite minimap with Blizzard's, Blizzard's minimap still shows my herb nodes as different graphics, not the bold yellow dot.

Is there a setting for this I'm missing? I sure would like to see that yellow dot (again, my Carb map is open separately, not merged).

Thanks!
Try this, it fixed it for me:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Right click map, select Options, select Map Minimap, click
"Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)"
and set to 0 for now.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Noob question re: minimap (beta version)