01-23-06, 05:01 PM   #1
Rhymed
A Kobold Labourer

Question Determining most recent patch...

I am creating a tool that will automate some of the add-in related tasks that I do for WoW. I can easily determine what patch version is installed on my computer, but I'd also like to know what the most recent version is without having to load the game. Do any of you know how I might accomplish that? I'm a fairly experienced developer and I would like to do this with software because I hate doing things manually. Is there a Website somewhere that I can scrape for this info, perhaps?

Thanks.
01-23-06, 05:31 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Well, it's usually listed in the notes posted here.

To find it yourself, use the WoW User Interface Customization toolkit, here. Run it, installing the interface files. Then go to ..\Interface\FrameXML and check the FrameXML.toc file. The current toc # is the second line at the top, example currently it is: ## Interface: 10900
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-13-06, 01:02 PM   #3
JIM the Inventor
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Man! What a good answer. I just have one thing to add.

Sometimes, Blizzard's official copy of the FrameXML bundle lags behind a bit - in fact, when 1.9 went live, the bundle was broken for about a week. When that happens, you can make your own bundle using WinMPQ.

STRONG PRECAUTIONARY NOTE: WinMPQ likes to rearrange the contents of a file that it is browsing. This causes awful reactions in World of Warcraft. Several menus may stop working, and label text will vanish. To avoid this, always copy the MPQ files that you want to view some time before you open them with WinMPQ.

The location of the FrameXML bundle is:

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\interface.MPQ

Remember: Copy this file before opening it. It can be rewarding to look in these bundles, but they are fragile.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Determining most recent patch...