04-16-10, 04:06 AM   #1
Kreka
A Defias Bandit
Class coloured text and background

Hi I've never really tried messing around with lua code before but thought I'd give oUF a try, just two quick questions. How do I set name text to be coloured by class and I would like the Health background to be class coloured too but the health to be a dark grey/black.

I've looked through codes and found how to set it as a specific colour

Frame:SetBackdropColor(red, green, blue [, alpha])

but this will only set it to one colour.

any help appreciated.
04-16-10, 08:01 AM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Take a look at oUF\elements\health.lua and tags.lua.

If you use tags for your "text" you can use [raidcolor] to color a tag by class,
like "[raidcolor] [hptag]" or "[raidcolor] [nametag]".

I haven't tried to use health.bg.colorClass = true, but it should work in theory. You might have to play around with it a little though,
like health.bg1.colorClass = true

The number (1) can be anything, it's just there to prevent the background from inheriting it's color from health's color (which would do it by default).

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

04-16-10, 08:30 AM   #3
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I haven't tried to use health.bg.colorClass = true, but it should work in theory. You might have to play around with it a little though,
like health.bg1.colorClass = true
Health.bg just inherits the color from Health with a multiplier applied. That's really all there is to it. More advance handling require manual interaction.
04-16-10, 01:15 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Which means "health.bg1.colorClass = true" wouldn't work just that easy? Just curious.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

04-16-10, 01:32 PM   #5
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Nope. Unless an element is explicitly handled by the oUF core or a plugin then you need to do it yourself - bg1 isn't a handled element. For that matter bg has no other attributes besides multiplier, so .colorClass wouldn't even work on that.

As haste said, the bg element inherits the color from the parent element itself if you're using a colorX flag.
04-16-10, 08:19 PM   #6
Mokane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Kreka View Post
Hi I've never really tried messing around with lua code before but thought I'd give oUF a try, just two quick questions. How do I set name text to be coloured by class and I would like the Health background to be class coloured too but the health to be a dark grey/black.

I've looked through codes and found how to set it as a specific colour

Frame:SetBackdropColor(red, green, blue [, alpha])

but this will only set it to one colour.

any help appreciated.
If you take a look at what Zork does in his D3Orbs layout. He uses PostUpdateHealth to set the bar.bg texture that way. He has it set to go out and get the class color from the RAID_CLASS_COLORS table. You could do that and it would work for what you want.
04-17-10, 04:51 AM   #7
Kreka
A Defias Bandit
If you take a look at what Zork does in his D3Orbs layout. He uses PostUpdateHealth to set the bar.bg texture that way. He has it set to go out and get the class color from the RAID_CLASS_COLORS table. You could do that and it would work for what you want.
Thanks I'll give it a try.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Class coloured text and background