11-01-09, 01:17 PM   #1
Celleyna
A Kobold Labourer
Strange square in map

Well, I really hope I can describe the issue I am having, but it is difficult to describe.

On my map (in either reduced or full mode) I have a strange square that makes it difficult to see anything (including myself, flightpoints, quests). Outside the square everything remains normal. Sometimes I can zoom into this square and click goto, but other times I can not click on the square at all.

I do have my mini map embedded, but changing this feature does not get rid of this square. This has been happening since the most recent wow patch.

Any help would be appreciated!

11-01-09, 04:12 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you can take a screen shot by pressing print screen on your keyboard then upload the image to a file hosting service like image shack or photobucket (or you can upload it as an attachment to your post) then add the image here.

Visuals in cases like these are very helpful.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

11-02-09, 12:16 AM   #3
Nardre
A Kobold Labourer
Strange square as well

I believe i am also having the same problem as the original poster. I have a square, size varies but location is always directly over wherever i had my carbonite mini-map. I have merged my mini-map into the carbonite one. Here is a link to a screenshot of my UI

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...e.jpg&newest=1

Thanks in advance,

11-06-09, 08:24 AM   #4
Snoweh
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Nardre View Post
I believe i am also having the same problem as the original poster. I have a square, size varies but location is always directly over wherever i had my carbonite mini-map. I have merged my mini-map into the carbonite one. Here is a link to a screenshot of my UI

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...e.jpg&newest=1

Thanks in advance,
you by any chance using another minimap addons along with carbonite... seen this happen a few times.

11-14-09, 02:45 PM   #5
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

To find out the name of a frame or window do this...

Open up your Chatbox input field (where you type to send messages). Keep it opened and paste this line in the input box.

/script ChatFrame1:AddMessage("You are hovering over frame: " .. GetMouseFocus():GetName())

DON'T PRESS ENTER YET!!!!

Using your mouse place your cursor right over the frame or window you want to find what their name is. (ie. hover over the window or frame)

Then press Enter as if your going to send a message. Make sure your mouse is over the frame still though.

--------------------------

It should tell you the name of the window or frame your hovering over in the chat box. You can use that to sorta help you find out what addon is doing that. If you want you can place the name of the window here and I can try to help you search to see which addon it is.

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }

Last edited by Xruptor : 11-14-09 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Removed coding tags

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Strange square in map