08-30-09, 10:15 AM   #1
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Searching The Auction House

Is it possible to make an addon that would be able to allow a person to fine tune the searching of auctions? For example, the two main stats/bonuses I look for on new gear for my mage are intellect and spell power, and I would love to be able to get search results showing gear that have either of those instead of getting everything that is posted.

Thanks
08-30-09, 12:40 PM   #2
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

hehe I don't know if this exists but I am always interested in seeing addons that implement searching through stat look up so I would love to also see this as I am sure this would be a powerful tool for the auction house....Though I am not sure if its possible would be nice to get some sort of confirmation if it is or not and if anyone would want to champion this cause as I know nothing about coding a whole addon and wouldn't want to start with something that seems like such a big undertaking.

- Winston Churchill
09-09-09, 09:57 AM   #3
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Bumping to get more input (on whether or not this is even possible) and/or to see if anyone would take on this task (assuming it is possible).
09-12-09, 10:08 AM   #4
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Anyone............?
09-12-09, 04:33 PM   #5
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Have you tried the Autioneer Suite's SearchUI?
09-12-09, 05:59 PM   #6
LordMacragge
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Can Auctioneer do this?
Never noticed myself...
09-12-09, 06:03 PM   #7
Miralen

As far as I know auctioneer suite doesnt do this and in fact I will be as bold to state that I dont believe any auction house addon does this though I could be wrong but I think it would be a very nice thing to have if anyone can take up the torch.

- Winston Churchill
09-12-09, 06:14 PM   #8
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I dont know of a method to get informations about itemstats
other than scanning the current tooltip. But I guess that
is useless for searching
09-13-09, 12:42 PM   #9
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
Have you tried the Autioneer Suite's SearchUI?
Yes, I have. I went through everything Auctioneer has to offer even before posing this question.
09-14-09, 11:18 AM   #10
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
Yes, I have. I went through everything Auctioneer has to offer even before posing this question.
Ok.. from your question it sounded like you didn't know addons for auctions exist ;-)

So, basically, you're looking for something like WowHead's item search with an option to filter by currently posted auctions, then..
09-14-09, 02:10 PM   #11
Miralen

Basically what he is looking for is an addon that allows you to look for stats such as spell power or intellect. So for an example when looking for plate armor as a holy paladin all that would have to be done is select the armor section than the plate subsection than instead of typing a name of an item into a search box all that would have to be done is either through checkboxes or a search box just type in either intellect or spell power or both to bring up plate items that have either intellect or spell power or both. Basically instead of searching based on item name it would be nice to have searchable features based on stats on those items. That's what is being asked here in this thread.

- Winston Churchill
09-14-09, 02:52 PM   #12
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Im thinking it might require a database of existing items (with solid stats not the randomly generated ones) So searching for greens that way might be tough. Rares to an extent and epic should be more doable under that method. With that in mind i vaguely recall one of the loot database addons have a search by stat feature but cant for the life of me remember which. Not as convenient as having it in the AH interface but it might help.

Can't think of a way offhand to do it otherwise. Only other thing i can think of (at least for green items) is a list of the existing prefixes and suffixes and what stats they translate in to.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-14-09, 02:54 PM   #13
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
This is possible. You have to use Pawn and Auctioneer to do this.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...cher-pawn.aspx

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Searching The Auction House