07-04-09, 06:02 PM   #1
morabank
A Kobold Labourer
Ore nodes not close enough

I am having a issue with the radius that Carbonite is routing the ore farther away then the mini map will track the ore. How do I adjust this?

07-07-09, 02:59 PM   #2
Eryx101
A Murloc Raider
there is a slider bar under the "route tracking" option when you right click the mini map. Play with those sliders and /reload ui to implement the change.

07-08-09, 10:50 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Some information to help you set it up:

The Blizzard tracking system shows a dot on your minimap when you are within 80 yards of what you're tracking. This is of course subject to latency and minimap updating, the latter I believe happens every 1-2 seconds.

The Carbonite standard route radius is 80 yards as well, probably due to the above statement of Blizz's own radius.

Now, what you want is something less than 80 yards - to give the minimap time to update to show potential nodes - and at the same time not so low that you'll always necessarily have to stand practically on top of the node to be able to go to the next one - since you'll often find one node to not be what you want (mithril instead of truesilver) or to be too far out of the way to bother about, or otherwise undesired (a small thorium vein inside a sillithid nest).

I've fiddled around with this myself and I've found the ideal radius for myself to be 40 yards. Gives plenty of time for my minimap to update properly even when my latency is up in the yellow, while giving me ample space to get close to potential nodes that would otherwise cost me plenty of time to run around to.

Another radius I could recommend is 60 yards, but generally only if you're always below 100ms of latency.

Hope you'll find your ideal setting.

On a similar note, adding a hotkey combination or otherwise available option to skip the currently tracked node and go to the next would be immensely helpful. Especially when you know you'll have to take a detour around a big building to get to the node, say it takes one minute to ride around the whole thing, and you can see on your minimap that there's nothing there.

07-28-09, 05:41 PM   #4
PDX-Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm lost here.... Where exactly do I change the 80 default to 40??
I do NOT see any thing labled "route tracking" when I right clik on the Carbonite minimap. I do see a Route... and if I click that I see a "Gather Target Radius" and a "Gather Merge Radius" Is the "target radius" the one I want?

07-29-09, 01:46 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Yes, it is.

"Gather target radius" is where Carbonite assumes you're close enough to see the herb / ore, and routes you to the next one.

"Gather merge radius" is where Carbonite calculates if a herb / ore almost on top of another should be merged. If it's set to say 5, any herb / ore within 5 yards of a route target will be ignored and is assumed to be the same as the active route target.

Hope that makes sense.

07-29-09, 11:25 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"Gather Target Radius" default is actually 60 currently. It may have been at 80 before and since the default is only applied when the Carbonite.lua settings file is missing, some people may have the older value.

07-30-09, 02:45 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
"Gather Target Radius" default is actually 60 currently. It may have been at 80 before and since the default is only applied when the Carbonite.lua settings file is missing, some people may have the older value.
Ah. Haven't messed with that since CarboniteNodes was brand new, and then it was indeed 80 by default.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Ore nodes not close enough