01-23-09, 07:04 AM   #1
Braysen
A Murloc Raider

Question LF hunter add-on for pet emotes

This may seem silly and trivial, but I really like the add-ons that occasionally give hunter pets an emote. I've seen other hunters with it, but I have no idea what it's called and I can't seem to find anything like it with a search on this site or curse.com. Any ideas on what add-on would do that? I don't need it to tell me when to feed my pet, or anything like that. I just to give some random emotes from time to time, such as when I'm feeding my pet or when it changes mood. Thanks in advance!
01-23-09, 07:57 AM   #2
Ookami.kun
A Cliff Giant

You're probably looking for the mod PetEmote.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mote.html#info

It's an interesting mod, but I have to turn it off every now and then when in a raid cause the constant random emotes sometimes annoy the heck out of my guild mates.
01-23-09, 08:08 AM   #3
Gruffness
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

There was an add-on called PetEmote. The author decided to self publish the add-on, as I recall, on it's own website instead of through the usual public channels. It's still listed here but it's an outdated version:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mote.html#info

I see that the links to the website appear to have been removed from the author's add-on information page. If you do find it out there, just be aware of the potential risks in downloading add-ons from people and sites you don't know or trust.
01-23-09, 08:13 AM   #4
Ookami.kun
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Gruffness View Post
I see that the links to the website appear to have been removed from the author's add-on information page. If you do find it out there, just be aware of the potential risks in downloading add-ons from people and sites you don't know or trust.
The link is still active under the comments section of the mod itself, I checked the author's page and it looks to have been updated to v1.6.0, though I don't know how long ago, or if it's even still being developed.
01-23-09, 02:56 PM   #5
Braysen
A Murloc Raider

Found it!

Thanks, y'all! I found it. According to the author's site, it will be updated soon. It also hints that this is a fairy recent version, but it doesn't give an actual update date. And it also includes a tutorial to add your own custom pet emotes. Pretty kewl! Thanks again, y'all - can't wait to try it out!

Edit: The WoWI date is 7-21-09 for version 1.41, and his website's version is 1.6.0, so it's probably updated for WotLK.

Last edited by Braysen : 01-23-09 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Adding update dates
01-23-09, 03:56 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
According to his main page it was updated on Dec 2, 2008.

It also has a list of changes (at least the ones he remembers anyway)
04-23-09, 01:58 PM   #7
Gruffness
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Necro-Gruff Alert!!

Something that concerns me, although I haven't heard of anything bad yet via any of the community channels or by googling...

The PetEmote that we download from this external site has an executable file included with it (an emote editor we are told). Since it's not posted to a reliable/trusted third party site such as Wowinterface or Curse for approval, what assurances do we have that it's not malicious?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF hunter add-on for pet emotes