12-01-08, 04:52 PM   #1
coootri
A Defias Bandit
addon for showing all the quests i can get on world map?

any addon get this function?
the QuestHelper can only show trun in quests, isn't it?
thx
12-01-08, 04:54 PM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This may be possible in the way EveryQuest works ... through a database. But that would mean that it would just show every single quest on the map, including the ones you've already finished. There's no way to fetch which quests you've finished already and which you didn't.
12-01-08, 07:39 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
This may be possible in the way EveryQuest works ... through a database. But that would mean that it would just show every single quest on the map, including the ones you've already finished. There's no way to fetch which quests you've finished already and which you didn't.
Actually, there's a feature in the paid Carbonite that does that.
12-01-08, 07:53 PM   #4
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Actually, there's a feature in the paid Carbonite that does that.
Yes, but I'm 100% sure that uses a database as well. You'd probably have to manually point out which quests you've already completed because, as I already said, there's no way to fetch completed quest data from the server, all it can do is track it from the moment you get the addon.
12-01-08, 10:27 PM   #5
coootri
A Defias Bandit
...There's no way to fetch which quests you've finished already and which you didn't.
that is what i really want what a pity...
thank u very much, i will go on with wowhead
12-02-08, 10:49 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, but I'm 100% sure that uses a database as well. You'd probably have to manually point out which quests you've already completed because, as I already said, there's no way to fetch completed quest data from the server, all it can do is track it from the moment you get the addon.
Yes, it's a database. There's several tabs in my quest list when I hit the L key. One shows all the quests I'm currently on, the next tab shows all the quests in that zone that I've completed, the other tab shows all the quests in that zone that I've not done yet. (On that particular tab, if I click the little round icon next to it then it will show a yellow exclamation point on my map showing me where the quest giver is located). The latter two change depending on what zone I'm in.

Last edited by Petrah : 12-02-08 at 10:53 AM.
12-02-08, 11:13 AM   #7
ellanon
A Defias Bandit
I have the paid Carbonite as well and love that feature. However, I think his point is this: if you had just gotten Carbonite today, and went to a zone you had done yesterday, Carbonite wouldn't know the difference between what quests you have and have not done.

However, it will keep track from the time you have installed the addon. Quoting the Dev of Carb...

"With the latest version we have added a yellow button to the quest watch toolbar. This toggles the display of quest givers on your map. Quests that have already been completed (quest history) are not displayed.

Over the coming weeks we will be adding more functionality to this feature."

So, it does keep track if you are a paying customer (totally worth it in my opinion).

Last edited by ellanon : 12-02-08 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Corrected a mistake.
12-02-08, 07:10 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ellanon View Post
I have the paid Carbonite as well and love that feature. However, I think his point is this: if you had just gotten Carbonite today, and went to a zone you had done yesterday, Carbonite wouldn't know the difference between what quests you have and have not done.

However, it will keep track from the time you have installed the addon. Quoting the Dev of Carb...

"With the latest version we have added a yellow button to the quest watch toolbar. This toggles the display of quest givers on your map. Quests that have already been completed (quest history) are not displayed.

Over the coming weeks we will be adding more functionality to this feature."

So, it does keep track if you are a paying customer (totally worth it in my opinion).
Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes it's in the wording... I didn't get what he meant before.
12-02-08, 07:45 PM   #9
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
EveryQuest works the same way. It has a tab for Quest History, that will keep track of quests you've already completed, but only keeps track of the ones that you do after EveryQuest has been installed.
12-04-08, 02:02 AM   #10
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
What would be cool is a way to show all DAILYS on te map.

But yea a mod that shows all teh quest givers in zone would be awesome even if it dose not show the ones you have already done... As long as it is go filters it would be sweet...

Say.. you want to do a chain... you cna ste it to show that entire chain.... Or say you need to do rep quests you could filter it by reputation.... then see them all on the map...

But definatly a map that shows dailys and has the rep factions showed would rule.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » addon for showing all the quests i can get on world map?