08-09-08, 10:20 AM   #1
LBXZero
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
New UI in WotLK defeats my mod

My addon has the spell book list only the highest ranks spells and displays the available lower rank spells when hovering over the spell button.
Link to Addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SpellBook.html

The standard spell book in WotLK has a toggle button that switches between showing all spell ranks and showing highest spell ranks.

Should I try to upgrade my addon to WotLK? What can I improve with the new standard spell book?

Is there a more appropiate forum for this thread?
08-09-08, 01:59 PM   #2
hipjipp
A Cliff Giant

-- Removed dumb comment --

Last edited by hipjipp : 08-14-08 at 11:30 AM.
08-09-08, 02:08 PM   #3
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

I see it as shedding some light on Blizzard and showing them stuff that could be useful in there own UI

You helped influence them to integrate it into there own UI.
08-09-08, 03:35 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oh, I hadn't noticed that new option yet for the spellbook...

Do this: play with the new default spellbook for a while and see if it's missing anything that you want it to do or do differently.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-09-08, 05:13 PM   #5
Equitoen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Congratulations
08-10-08, 12:25 PM   #6
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Do this: play with the new default spellbook for a while and see if it's missing anything that you want it to do or do differently.
Seconded. And don't "admit defeat"... consider it a compliment that your idea was so good they implemented it into the game itself. I've had a number of my addons absorbed into the default UI, and it always makes me happy cause it's one less thing I have to update.
08-10-08, 02:46 PM   #7
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
Seconded. And don't "admit defeat"... consider it a compliment that your idea was so good they implemented it into the game itself. I've had a number of my addons absorbed into the default UI, and it always makes me happy cause it's one less thing I have to update.

I'm a big fan of the functionality that your mod provides and I think it's pretty awesome that it's being incorporated into the default UI. And as Tek says, it's just one less thing that you or I have to think about updating
08-10-08, 03:29 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I checked out this new feature for the spellbook last night. When you have it enabled, I don't see any way to access lower ranks of your spells. Granted, it's just a checkbox at the top of the window, but... If you like your idea of the popup menus for lower ranks, then find some way to implement that into the spellbook when someone has that option enabled.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-11-08, 10:48 AM   #9
LBXZero
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I checked out this new feature for the spellbook last night. When you have it enabled, I don't see any way to access lower ranks of your spells. Granted, it's just a checkbox at the top of the window, but... If you like your idea of the popup menus for lower ranks, then find some way to implement that into the spellbook when someone has that option enabled.
I will work on that. Most likely version 2.x will be leaving the main spell book frame alone.

As much as grateful I should be, I feel sad that there is one less thing to do, and I don't know why.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » New UI in WotLK defeats my mod