05-03-08, 08:40 PM   #1
Ursidae
A Defias Bandit
Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'

2008/05/03 21:36:50-4-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342: Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'

Tried switching addons. Went to Xperl, but i couldnt get used to it. After reinstalling Mazzle, and updating, this is the error i get. Ive already followed the instructions on the sticky about fixing the Mazzifier_configs.lua, so im not sure what the problem is.
05-04-08, 07:58 AM   #2
sakiko
A Fallenroot Satyr

Many ppl will say <i've followed all the instructions with the right files...> but are you really sure of this. How can you verify that you followed them and completed the changes. I have no trouble to update codes when instructions are given and i have no problem to read the codes structure but i have done some errors with the CVAR error myself. After a couple tries starting from the last backup of my interface folder i mentioned that i did NOT updated ALL the lines about the CVAR. Theres maybe one of 2 that you didn't updated. If you did some changes in the core.lua file that means you were able to find via the search (CTRL+F) the lines to change so you need to redo a search after you think you are done. I found 3 lines to change not 2 (cause i wasn't verifying my changes via the search box) and this is good for anyone who still having problems with this error. Verify after the changes if theres no other SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer","1") or the other line in the original fix post from Aet. One last thing (in my case, maybe because i just updated my mazzle without all the downloadable files as fix were posted so maybe thats why my .lua file was different than the posted fix) but my lines to change were SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer", "1") and not SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer","1") as example. notice the space between the , and the "1" and that space gave me some trouble to find the right lines to change. i hope it helps to complete your changes cause its free of bug for me
05-04-08, 09:17 AM   #3
Ursidae
A Defias Bandit
Yes, i did follow the instructions. Its all changed and its all correct, yet i still revive this error.
05-04-08, 01:41 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's a very straightforward error. One of the files or edits changes the name of that variable. If you're still getting it, then you definitely did something incorrectly.

Make sure you installed all three files.
05-05-08, 02:22 PM   #5
Miso
A Murloc Raider
I have absolutly same problem after i followed all instructions.

And i just found it. When i was first time changing Mazzifier Configs lua, i made some mistake and because i didnt save old config lua, i replaced it with mazzifier config lua from MazzleUi 1.11 Core, which was older version then Detards Fix which has newer mazzifier config lua. Older version missed several lines there including:

SetCVar("playerStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("partyStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("petStatusText", "1")

Last edited by Miso : 05-05-08 at 02:35 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'