03-13-08, 04:44 AM   #1
Daxxzod
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Need a simple addon to remove default blizzard frames

I thought I had run across that in wowace but I just thoroughly went over every addon description on that site and didn't see it. I use xperl and DaHud. I used to use MetaHud but wanted a bit more config freedom. I like DaHud but it doesn't have any option to hide Blizz's default frames. Xperl hides the frames if you use it's player and target frames. With the hud I dont need them. I mainly use xperl for party, party pet and raid and use the hud all the time. But I really dislike blizz's frames and would like to get rid of them. Does anyone know of an addon that can simply just hide them? Coding my own addon isn't an option since I seem to be retarded with regards to learning it. I contemplated it but it seems way too difficult. Any help finding what i'm looking for would be greatly appreciated. And btw, this smiley is so funny...

Last edited by Daxxzod : 03-13-08 at 04:46 AM.
03-13-08, 11:32 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While i cant think of an addon off the top of my head that only disables blizzards frames i know pitbull available at wowace.com has a module in it that does. And since you can pick and choose what modules you would like to use it should give you the flexibility you need to tweak your set up.

Im sure there are other mods out there that can suit your needs. I only offer this one from personal experience as i have used a set up similar to what your describing.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
03-13-08, 12:23 PM   #3
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Daxxzod View Post
I thought I had run across that in wowace but I just thoroughly went over every addon description on that site and didn't see it. I use xperl and DaHud. I used to use MetaHud but wanted a bit more config freedom. I like DaHud but it doesn't have any option to hide Blizz's default frames. Xperl hides the frames if you use it's player and target frames. With the hud I dont need them. I mainly use xperl for party, party pet and raid and use the hud all the time. But I really dislike blizz's frames and would like to get rid of them. Does anyone know of an addon that can simply just hide them? Coding my own addon isn't an option since I seem to be retarded with regards to learning it. I contemplated it but it seems way too difficult. Any help finding what i'm looking for would be greatly appreciated. And btw, this smiley is so funny...
X-Perl has a module that disables blizzard frames.. you mentioned you use X-Perl.. so uhm.. turn it on. You can hide the xperl frames -and- the blizzard frames, btw.. you have to have the module enabled.. but you dont have to show the frames..
03-13-08, 02:01 PM   #4
PurpleWedgie
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Daxxzod View Post
I use Pitbull and disable everything but the party type frames, which not only gives me nice movable party frames but also allows me to turn off the default character unit frames as well. To answer your question though, I don't know of any mods that specifically turn off the default frames.
03-13-08, 03:28 PM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Code:
local frames = {
   "frame1",
   "frame2",
   "frame3"
}
local g = getfenv(0)
local f
for i, v in ipairs(frames) do
   f = g[v]
   f:UnregisterAllEvents()
   f:SetScript("OnShow", f.Hide)
   f:Hide()
end
should do as you wish just replace frame1, frame2 etc. with the frame you want to hide

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need a simple addon to remove default blizzard frames