02-01-08, 07:45 PM   #1
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
Annoying Tinytip

Ok, I keep fixing it with the info here and it eventually keeps getting broken...this happens when hovering over pet model

[2008/02/01 20:43:46-1235-x1]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor':
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:66: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter':
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:254: in function `DUF_Element_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Any way to keep this from recurring?

W
02-01-08, 09:07 PM   #2
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

tinytip hasn't been updated in many patches. i have since switched to cowtip, which is pretty good, but pretty bloated in comparison to tinytip and cowtip is still super buggy compared to tinytip

if you find a good tooltip mod let me know please rofl.
02-01-08, 09:12 PM   #3
Ragnor
A Murloc Raider
TipTac
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...93-TipTac.html
02-01-08, 09:24 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Either Cowtip or TinyTip was always giving me a headache, so I went with LitheToolTipDoctor. Haven't had a single issue with it yet. It doesn't have a bunch of bells-n-whistles, but it serves its purpose
02-01-08, 10:13 PM   #5
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Tiptac is a very good tooltip mod imo and written by the same author as Examiner.
02-01-08, 10:17 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
This is one reason that I'm not a big fan of UI compilations.

Although I will give Mazzle credit for creating a great compilation and actually making it his/her own by personalizing addons and even creating an "installer/setup" feature. It is a well put together set with a LOT of hard work put into it.

Which leads me to my biggest problem with these addon compilations. Once the author leaves WoW their compilation breaks down really fast as Blizz has a fascination with constant UI changes ( you would think the UI would be set and done after 3 years ) and unless the community, as it has with Mazzle, gets together to keep it going it leaves a lot of innocent people in the cold.

A lot people get these packages install them wait for the author to update the individual mods in their compilation. Little do a lot of them know they can do this themselves. They don't usually realize that, in most cases, it is just a compilation of free standing addons.

Now to my original reason to respond.

I use TinyTip with no problems .. last update for it was 3 weeks ago.

It's in this list. TinyTip

I don't mean to offend any compilation authors as I know a lot of work goes into them as I have my own personal UI and I need to constantly update it too. But I would rather know what I'm using and only use what I need. It's all about personal preference I suppose.
02-10-08, 07:18 PM   #7
sakiko
A Fallenroot Satyr

you can <fix> this error easily and i hope itll help some more to stick with the nice layout we have with DUF cause i was able to create a profile with pitbull exactly like the very nice Mazz setup vertical bars included but its really heavy on memory. This error is happening when you mouse long enough over the happiness icon of your pet frame and after alot of mouse tests i can confirm that its the only element in your pet frame that will give you the error (cause the rest of the duf elements are no error) . /duf then select PET on top then look at the bottom left for the happiness icon option and theres an option <disable tooltip> at bottom of this page and you can try mousing over your pet frame for 15 mins if you want youll not get the error. I tested with tiny tip and cowtip. So if any hunters would confirm it could be nice thanks

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Annoying Tinytip