12-29-07, 10:05 PM   #1
Heartwork
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
About adding skins.........

Is there anyway to simplify adding the skins..........for those of us not computer literate, and or knowledgable of editing files.

Something like , taking the basic MazzleUI and all of DeTards MazzleUI fixes ,no addons etc,
and just adding Elcarath's Skins and Dreadlords and any others made to the existing files.
Maybe make them alphabetical (a lot easier), and label them (1 - ??) then reposting it as an updated with new skins download.
Not sure why this can't be done it would make it so easier for first time users of MazzleUI.

And with proper Recognition to the Skin's Makers of course, they do Wonderful jobs on them.
just need to make them easier to add.
12-29-07, 10:34 PM   #2
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but doing all of this for yourself is how you get good at it and become computer literate. Not to mention the fact that writing, configuring, uploading, and managing an addon/UI is enough work by itself, without having to do all of the personalizing for the users too.

It is hard at first to do things like edit files, etc...but the more you do it, the easier it gets and the more you learn. Take the time to read the instructions thoroughly and go step by step. You'll get it done, you'll learn a little for the next time you want to do something like that, and you'll save the addon/UI developers a lot of headache.
12-30-07, 12:35 AM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had a plan for a skin module system, but I quit WoW before I implemented it. Elcarath's instructions are slightly complex only because it's a way to add every aspect of the skin including a separate option in the Mazzifier and a preview image. If you don't want to do that, you could simply copy over the images of the the skin you want to add over the images of an existing skin from the core UI. Then just mazzify to that pre-existing skin. It's less clean but much easier.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » About adding skins.........