09-27-07, 08:42 AM   #1
Jeryko
A Defias Bandit
Angry To the folks who keep saying "just read the forum"

The fixes on this forum are limited at best, we need a patch. Pure and simple. I've experienced several bugs that aren't even talked about here, but for me to report them it's pointless because a) The folks will give me something to "try" that doesn't work. or b) They'll tell me to RTFF, which I have done.. many times now.

This will be my last post on these forums, as without any official hand-off of the maintenance, we can assume that this project is dead.

09-27-07, 08:46 AM   #2
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Jeryko
The fixes on this forum are limited at best, we need a patch. Pure and simple. I've experienced several bugs that aren't even talked about here, but for me to report them it's pointless because a) The folks will give me something to "try" that doesn't work. or b) They'll tell me to RTFF, which I have done.. many times now.

This will be my last post on these forums, as without any official hand-off of the maintenance, we can assume that this project is dead.
Don't let the door hit you're ass on the way out. This may be a shocker to you, but the mazzle has more important things to deal with in her life then this addon and you.

Don't like it? Don't use it. Simple as that.

09-27-07, 08:52 AM   #3
Detritis
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have found that the fixes suggested on the forums have been more then capable of fixing the problems that have come with the 'standard' version of the MazzleUI and any errors that I have gotten beyond those addressed have been caused by addons that I have added myself.

While it would be nice to receive an offical patch it has been mentioned and stated that Mazzle has moved onto other things and thus is not obliged to maintain anything.

If Mazzle would give consent I am certain that there are more then enough skilled and willing people to continue this compilation in his absence.

09-27-07, 08:58 AM   #4
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

You didn't even try to search for any of the threads about new versions did you?
You should have known for a long time that Mazz isn't sure whether or not to make a new version yet.
With a compilation like MazzleUI, a lot more goes into making a new version than everyone seems to think.
It isn't just updating mods, which, by the way, you can do on your own.
It is compiling, making changes, fixing bugs, updating mods, configuring the mazzifier to configure those mods correctly, making sure your changes don't create new bugs, and if they do, fixing those bugs, making sure all the new layouts work in all the aspect ratios that people use, etc.
And you expect Mazz to be able to do this without having WOW installed?
Either update your addons as per the instructions and implement the fixes the good people on these forums have so kindly given you and deal with everything else, go to another compilation, or make your own.

09-27-07, 09:11 AM   #5
luchbox
A Murloc Raider
I for one actually took the time to hard code all the updates myself and my UI works fine. I want to thank all the programmers out there who put those bits of code to change on the forums. I would suggest if you really like this UI to not be so lazy and try to fix it. Its really not that hard.

09-27-07, 09:46 AM   #6
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Yeah don't let the door hit ya... Meio and LBussy and lots of others have been working hard to get things working and if you had read the forums you would know that meio is working on a complete pacth to fix everything. But all the people here that have helped and got stuff together i have 98% of my mazzle workin along with alot of others here so instead of being lazy and saying "i have read every blah blah blah" which im very very sure you havent even skimmed the top of these forums there are fixes for everything to get you on your feet right now. As another problem you might have added addons that werent in mzaale that don't work now and you have no one else to blame it on but people here tryin to fix a compilation for you and 200k other people that use it. So shut it and help or start kickin stones .

09-27-07, 10:02 AM   #7
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I would personally like to know about these bugs that haven't even been mentioned yet. If for no other reason, if they're unknown bugs, they can't be fixed.

09-27-07, 10:21 AM   #8
zosopage1963
A Fallenroot Satyr
totally fixed and like it was pre 2.2

I want to say that I am NOT a programmer, but I have been using computers for over 20 years now, so I know how to edit a file... and the fixes that have been posted in this forum have totally fixed my ui, and I would also like to say, it was done in under 24 hours... a great feat, especially since Mazzle is not working on this anymore. I would love to see this project continue, and like I said in another thread, I would donate to that, but this has proven to me that this UI will live on after Mazzle has left it. For you to say some of the things you have said in this message, it is pure laziness... so move on and create your own compilation....

09-27-07, 11:01 AM   #9
youngbro
A Murloc Raider

You need to have more patience and a willingness to self help, the fixes on this forum have made my Mazzle ui at least 95% bug free, in a few days when more mods are updated, i am certain the percentage will go up

09-27-07, 11:07 AM   #10
urofseron
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Angry

What an ass.

The fixes WORK; I've done them and I am playing fine. I'm no programmer at all. However, I CAN follow directions, which is exactly what I did.

Just because you're a lazy POS don't be an ass. Get another UI mod, who cares?

If you can't follow these directions you need to be playing Pokemon. Drop dead jerk.

09-27-07, 11:23 AM   #11
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

i never post on mazzleUI but i have been reading loads of it, and to say this UI has made alot of ugly faces show thier true colours here, so much rudeness.

09-27-07, 11:49 AM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
The attitudes being displayed in this thread are not acceptable on this site and you all know it. Never have we allowed people to tell others to drop dead or call each other rude names, etc. I'm locking this thread now. Each and every one of you that stepped over the line in this thread, consider this your one and only warning. Do it again and you'll be banned from the site.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » To the folks who keep saying "just read the forum"