09-26-07, 07:17 PM   #1
Nodoogg
A Murloc Raider
patch 2.2 and frameXML

sup... long time lurker and wish it was under better circumstances that i delurk , but im having a problem with framexml errors. the ones im getting are..

Interface\FrameXML\PaperDollFrame.lua:1160: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\PaperDollFrame.lua:1160: in function `oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter':
ItemRack\ItemRack.lua:1566: in function `PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
<in C code>: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.0\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:145: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:139>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

nterface\FrameXML\ContainerFrame.lua:602: attempt to index local 'self' (a nil value):
MonkeyQuest-2.5.2\MonkeyQuestTooltip.lua:48: in function `ContainerFrameItemButton_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

i think the last one can be fixed with a bag mod.. but im not sure. please move this if i posted it in the wrong spot but i wanted people to see if so i can be sure that it is noticed. if anyone has any information on how to fix it i would appreciate it. the help of others on this forums has allready allowed me to fix my ui but these last three i cant fix. i just want to say this is by far the best ui ive seen. keep up the good work. ive updated both itemrack and Duf as sugested earlier.
09-26-07, 07:21 PM   #2
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We fixed this today your fix for XML is here

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12433
09-26-07, 07:23 PM   #3
Nodoogg
A Murloc Raider
cool thank you very much
09-26-07, 07:40 PM   #4
Nodoogg
A Murloc Raider
the link fixed the issue i was having with error messages being generated with the contex menu but i seem to be having issues with my paper doll and bags if i mouse over them i dont get a window that has a discription of the item, i just get an error message. same thing happens in my bank too but just the bag portion not the bank window itself. its not a major issue just a tad annoying.
09-26-07, 07:59 PM   #5
Obes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
2 ways to fix the PaperDollFrame error (ie. items not being shown when you mouse over them).
Either edit Itemrack.lua:

change:
function newItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter()
to
function newItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter(self)

and 4 lines below that change:

oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter()
to
oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter(self)

Or download the latest version of Itemrack 1.9 from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4148

Both solutions were in this thread http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12416
And both solutions worked for me. (Downloading the newest version is the easiest, but I am unsure if there were any other changes in item rack that will effect mazzle ui)
09-26-07, 08:27 PM   #6
Tychon
A Defias Bandit
This is my error when I move my mouse over Grid mod...

Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):

How do i get rid of it. Looked at the link where you said you fixed it? is that only for Mazzle?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » patch 2.2 and frameXML