07-07-07, 02:14 PM   #1
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mazz: What can we do to help with you continuing this awesome interface?

Mazzle:

I, like many others here, have fallen in love with your interface design. I'm learning stuff about it all the time - both in asking dumb questions, reading the FAQ, and reading various posts here.

I saw a couple of posts where you mentioned that you are considering whether or not to continue the project.

I'd like to ask what we, as your userbase, can do to help. I'll gladly donate some $$ your way for your time and effort. I can also provide backup hosting, testing, etc. I'll be glad to help however, as will many others here I bet.

Let us help you in some way - just don't leave

Thanks!
Marth

Marth

07-07-07, 10:32 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Honestly, it's just not very rewarding. The forums are nothing but frustrating with people posting the same stuff over and over. I understand that they're not familiar with things and it may be their first time here or whatnot, but it's nonetheless taxing. This is especially true since I've spent a lot of effort making the information easily accessible in-game. Also, I've left my guild and have been playing less, so I find less satisfaction from actually using the stuff.

That leaves only one real positive aspect, and that's the donations. Unfortunately, those are lackluster to say the least. People have indeed been generous from time to time, but it's very sporadic. It usually happens when there's some sort of impetus like getting in the closed beta or when things start breaking. I wish it were a more viable and consistent item that I could use as motivation, but it's just hasn't been there.

The bottom line is I don't know. I might get the inclination to continue, but right now, the negatives outweigh the positives for me. I haven't abandoned it yet, though. Like WoW, I've invested a lot of time, and it's hard to let it go to waste.

P.S. And I will say that the negatives aren't as bad as they were back after 1.0. This release has been pretty smooth, and there has been very little Blizzard forum retardation this time around.

07-08-07, 09:08 PM   #3
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Mazz - I just sent you a donation for MazzleUI. It's not much, I know. Hopefully it'll spark others to do the same!

Marth

Marth

07-08-07, 09:31 PM   #4
cerebrix
A Murloc Raider
i get paid in a week, ill do what i can

07-10-07, 04:48 AM   #5
makrilen
A Defias Bandit
I can donate mate, before i just used the UI, guess i can get a little bit more engaged in it. Hope u continue on this project since i know there are alot of people enjoying this lovely ui.

The best of wishes to u mazzle and to this project

07-10-07, 05:46 AM   #6
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

That leaves only one real positive aspect, and that's the donations. Unfortunately, those are lackluster to say the least. People have indeed been generous from time to time, but it's very sporadic. It usually happens when there's some sort of impetus like getting in the closed beta or when things start breaking. I wish it were a more viable and consistent item that I could use as motivation, but it's just hasn't been there.
Why dont you just fix a price for it like 15/20$ and make an upgrade service where you pay just a lower price for major upgrades if you already bought the full UI.

Im sure that a lot of people included me would prefer it that way bein sure that the support/update service will always be there for the customers.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal

07-10-07, 06:39 AM   #7
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Maxian
Why dont you just fix a price for it like 15/20$ and make an upgrade service where you pay just a lower price for major upgrades if you already bought the full UI.

Im sure that a lot of people included me would prefer it that way bein sure that the support/update service will always be there for the customers.
There's too many people trolling the forums that have an overdeveloped sense of entitlement as it is. You can be certain that the, "Hey, I *paid* for this new version, I demand you fix this bug I've created by inserted this untested beta mod into yuor compilation" posts, and similar nonsense, would push Mazzle over the edge.

Personally Mazzle, I think you would be best served stripping the setup utility down to just setting up artwork (which will probably survive most any patches) and updating the mods in the pack periodically. It's a lot less work, and the ingenuitive (read: "not lazy") will have no problem getting it to work on their system. I'd rather see a compilation that gives me the basis from which to work with then no compilation at all (I only say this because your posts the last little while really make me think you're trying to brace the community for a departure...heh).

07-10-07, 12:06 PM   #8
SPIN3LESS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I agree with you Arkive, I don't think a "paid" system is the way to go... we've already got enough here that complain when things don't work after a patch as if Mazz owes them anything and everything to keep this running... I think that allowing people to feel entitled to something because they "paid" for it is the last thing that should be allowed lol...

Also maybe separating it like you mentioned isn't such a bad idea... I too fear that you might be looking to depart Mazzle and though i'm new to this UI *been using it for a few months now* it is by far the most comprehensive and fluid UI i've seen... it definately changes the WoW experience for the better. I actually do plan on donating, which is honestly a first for me and addons and the like, just waiting for my financial aid to come in from college to see the budget I have to play with for this semester of schooling.

Out of curiousity how much of the customized specifically for Mazzle type addons are still being used? Because as more and more addons come out and evolve the features are becoming more and more... cohesive as far as working together... even if you could get it to a point where it functions now without changing base addons to work specifically with Mazzle UI, it could then honestly be totally updated from WAU or something as long as there were a standard and no one massifly overhauled their own individual addons syntactically or otherwise... maybe something to work toward as far as alleviating some of the drama and stressed involved with keeping this great UI package afloat... could be totally unfeasible as I'm not sure exactly what the Mazzle specific code in some of these addons really do... however i'd much rather have to setup all my layout by hand and know the cohesion of the UI would be there as a whole then have no MazzleUI at all thats for sure... thanks for a great product Mazzle, and though i'm not what i can do with little to no LUA experience or not if you ever need any help with any of this i'll give anything i can...

Last edited by SPIN3LESS : 07-10-07 at 12:07 PM. Reason: SPELLCHECK FTW!

07-10-07, 01:26 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Gotcha. Don't charge anything and please release another version that meets new criteria x. What a surprise.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazz: What can we do to help with you continuing this awesome interface?