06-24-07, 12:40 PM   #1
Toast1982
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Trade Skill Issues

I use the Advanced Trade Skill Window with Mazzle. I am having some issues with the tradeskill windows functioning properly. I tried to update the mod manually from curse-gaming and got a newer version to see if it would fix the problem.

Here's what occurs:

Open Tailoring window it ran the search recipes and everything works out ok. Scroll around play with the addon things work good....

For Enchanting however, with or without the addon, disabled or enabled WoW hard locks. Music stops playing, graphics stop moving, and the game sometimes freezes to the point where I have to do a hard reboot. Occasionaly ctrl + alt + del works and i can kill WoW and relog, but more frequently I have to turn the power off on my machine to get out of it. *Yes, I tried alt + tab and alt + f4*

Is this a mazzle/addon issue, wow, or system?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
06-24-07, 01:26 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Toast1982
I use the Advanced Trade Skill Window with Mazzle. I am having some issues with the tradeskill windows functioning properly. I tried to update the mod manually from curse-gaming and got a newer version to see if it would fix the problem.

Here's what occurs:

Open Tailoring window it ran the search recipes and everything works out ok. Scroll around play with the addon things work good....

For Enchanting however, with or without the addon, disabled or enabled WoW hard locks. Music stops playing, graphics stop moving, and the game sometimes freezes to the point where I have to do a hard reboot. Occasionaly ctrl + alt + del works and i can kill WoW and relog, but more frequently I have to turn the power off on my machine to get out of it. *Yes, I tried alt + tab and alt + f4*

Is this a mazzle/addon issue, wow, or system?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
My guess is that it would be an ATSW issue. That said, I use it with enchanting just fine. Perhaps there is a more updated version than what you are using. If not, I'd look for an add-on that interacts with enchanting or trade skills in general.
06-26-07, 10:03 PM   #3
Dutchman
A Defias Bandit
This lockup comes from ATSW trying to rescan your known patterns/recipes/formulas before it opens. It is a known issue with the mod, its supposed to scan once and "remember" what you know. But it seems it doesnt actually remember and has to reload the list every time you open it.

Far as I know, they arent really concerned with this problem as it only happens to a few folks. I have been checking up on this frequently as I used ATSW for a long time to do all the professions for my characters. But had to drop it when scanning my Leatherworkers list would cause the freeze (it was quite long).
06-26-07, 11:11 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

ATSW is supposed to only rescan after patches and perhaps server restarts. It seems to behave that way for me. Even when it does rescan, the window has a prompt to cancel/skip it. So, if things are freezing before you even get that prompt, I'd think you're having a more fundamental issue. In any case, it seems there are other posts in ATSW's comment thread, so you're not alone. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you're running the latest version (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...illWindow.html) and aren't running any other trade-related add-ons that might interfere.
06-28-07, 04:21 PM   #5
Toast1982
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
While I appreciate the feedback, what I don't understand is how when the addon is diabled the regular wow interface enchanting window still locks up WoW
06-28-07, 06:27 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

In that case, it's either a WoW issue or an issue with a different add-on. Try it with all add-ons disabled.
07-02-07, 07:33 AM   #7
Toast1982
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Fixed - there was an older addon that was conflicting with the atsw as you suspected. Thanks for your assistance mazz
09-26-07, 03:36 PM   #8
Massius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Toast1982
Fixed - there was an older addon that was conflicting with the atsw as you suspected. Thanks for your assistance mazz
what was the old addon? im having the EXACT same issue now.
09-28-07, 03:11 AM   #9
dystrophy
A Cyclonian
I am also having an issue with the ATSW. My computer is fairly nice so it doesnt crash it but it does freeze up for a good 10 seconds. Bugsack reports this as a stack overflow error. It also is happening only with enchanting, all my other tradeskills work fine. And it only began to occur AFTER I trained the 3 new enchanting recipes from the vendor. I would imagine ATSW needs to be updated but the author has been MIA for 3 months
10-17-07, 07:38 PM   #10
Obes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Turns out it gets it's self into an infinite loop due to 2 new recipes for enchanting that convert shards. ie. It's fine right up until you learn both the small to large and large to small prismatic shard recipes.

Tried getting the latest version (0.6.8) from incgamers which supposedly fixes it, and even tho the file is numbered 068 eg. AdvancedTradeSkillWindow068-1191173377

The TOC and file dates inside the archive clearly point to it being 0.6.6.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Trade Skill Issues