01-31-21, 07:58 AM   #1
mchwxj
A Fallenroot Satyr
Could anyone help with old 1.12 script? Wanna create buttons, Thanks!

Trying to create new buttons on which I can bind spells and hotkeys. Have done a lot of search, trying to find old APIs, or addons to see how that was done. But got nothing.

Then tried to edit bindings-cache.wft, and it didn't work. Guess old 1.12 wasn't available for that.

Finally I tried to script it, but the best I can do is the following code. It did create a new button, but nothing happened while clicking it.

Code:
local aaa=CreateFrame("button", "aaa", UIParent, "ActionButtonTemplate");
aaa:SetPoint("CENTER", 30, 10)
aaa:SetScript("OnClick", CastSpellByName("Immolate"))
Anyone could help make it work, or tell me where I can get help on old 1.12 coding? Really appreciate!!!

01-31-21, 09:50 AM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That old coding has to deal with private servers and this site doesn't support them.
Look through other addons that add buttons and see how it's done..

01-31-21, 01:45 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
We are an official Blizzard Fan Site. Posts about private servers, beyond anything that is theoretical, are against Blizzard's rules as well as our own rules. Threads requesting assistance with private servers will be locked. Repeated requests will result in bans.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Could anyone help with old 1.12 script? Wanna create buttons, Thanks!