07-20-16, 01:59 PM   #1
GreyWolfMC
A Kobold Labourer
Lag when Carbonite is EnAbled

hi . i am new here so in that i am a Noob so try not to be to unhappy with my post . i had to disable Carbonite cause it was causeing major lag. i went in disable every add on i have and re'enable one at a time with in i say the 3rd add on which was Carbonite the lag was so bad could not move my fps drop from 96 fps to under 4 fps . all i can think is into Carbonite gets a update i cant use it at all. anyone have any ideas for a fix or am i better off waiting for a newer version of Carbonite to fix it . thanks for any help .
07-20-16, 02:32 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You didn't post what version of Carbonite, and what version of WoW, you are using. That being said, you can get the latest version of Carbonite HERE which is OK for Legion pre-patch. (Sorry about the confusion the "bad" link caused. It's fixed now.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-22-16 at 05:18 AM.
07-20-16, 08:10 PM   #3
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You didn't post what version of Carbonite, and what version of WoW, you are using. That being said, you can get the latest version of Carbonite HERE which is OK for Legion pre-patch.
Wait, whoa....the DEV version is OK for you?....cause it's horribly broken for me. I'm using it in both beta and live and neither is liking it. The errors are so numerous in the beta client that my chat window is pretty much an unreadable blur of carbonite errors, mostly for GetPos. Some locations are kind of ok, others are horrid, particularly the class hall.

On live, it's slightly better, but still significant issues. Quest objectives for old content no longer show correctly on the map, which defeats the point for me.

On live client with DEV, I get the following from bug sack:
3x Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4102: Usage: GetGarrisonInfo(garrisonType)
[C]: in function `GetGarrisonInfo'
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4102: in function `UpdateWorld'
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4138: in function `Update'
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3792: in function <Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3707>

Locals:
I will try to get on beta later and post what I can, but I suspect it's mostly the same as my previous posts. I hope I don't sound negative or rude, etc....I just want to help but have gotten little response so far and don't really know what to do at this point. Love this add-on and hoping there's enough time to sort all this out before launch!
07-20-16, 11:33 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Dev version should work on Live as of this moment without further errors.... of course i'm jinxing myself saying that.

For Beta, yes it will be broken, especially class halls... I need a copy of the error it's spamming you so I can add the zones Priest is the only one I've done so far.
07-21-16, 04:25 AM   #5
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Dev version should work on Live as of this moment without further errors.... of course i'm jinxing myself saying that.

For Beta, yes it will be broken, especially class halls... I need a copy of the error it's spamming you so I can add the zones Priest is the only one I've done so far.
Rythal you BEAST!!!!! this was the ONLY thing stopping me from being able to play properly!!!!! MUCH LOVE!

07-21-16, 03:32 PM   #6
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post

Is there a certain way to cut and paste the errors from chat window?...Those messages are different than what bugsack has and I can't seem to figure out how to do that.
07-21-16, 03:53 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I don't need the whole message, tho a chat addon like Prat is useful for that...

When your getting spammed, it's just one number that I need

So if it's saying GetPos Err:1077 then 1077 is what I need
Same with IdToCont Err 1077

The number points to the map that is missing
07-21-16, 07:10 PM   #8
ToniDale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You didn't post what version of Carbonite, and what version of WoW, you are using. That being said, you can get the latest version of Carbonite HERE which is OK for Legion pre-patch.
That link doesn't work
07-21-16, 07:24 PM   #9
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by ToniDale View Post
That link doesn't work
This is the link you want:

https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/archive/master.zip
07-21-16, 08:01 PM   #10
ToniDale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh you don't know how much I love you and Rythal right now lol
07-22-16, 05:13 AM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, I just found out about the Dev version being "canceled" on the Github site. Sorry 'bout that. I'll fix the link in the post.

EDIT : FIXED! /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-22-16 at 05:22 AM.
07-22-16, 04:21 PM   #12
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

Yay for flightpoints working again!

Here are a few location for ya Rythal...

GetPos Err: 1080 = Thunder Totem (Highmountain)
GetPos Err: 1048 = Emerald Dreamway
GetPos Err: 1077 = The Dreamgrove (Druid Order Hall)

Still having issues with where quests dots are appearing on the map. See attached screenshot...as you can see, I am in Dalaran and there are several quests showing. This is immediately after a /reload ui. Unfortunately those are all in Highmountain. You can see the same pattern of quest dots in the next pic of Highmountain where there are still a lot of green areas.

I frequently have an issue where if I zoom in/out, part of the map gets 'stuck'. The quest points don't move in proportion and are, instead, stationary. Anyone else experience this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072216_174647.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	624.3 KB
ID:	8757  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072216_175102.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	604.6 KB
ID:	8758  
07-22-16, 10:27 PM   #13
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Major Garrison Lag

Like others in this thread, I've got major lag, but only in the garrison. Everywhere else in Azeroth is fine.

The day of the initial patch (Tuesday) everything was fine and worked properly.

Wednesday I couldn't play because of RL issues.

Thursday when I logged in I had really bad lag, with FPS of only 2.

After pulling out half of my remaining hair on Thursday, Today (Friday) I tried disabling all the addys, then one by one activating them and logging back in. As soon as I disabled Carbonite, no lag! I disabled everything except Carbonite, and still got the lag.

Per instructions above, I got v6.2 from Github, removed all the Carbonite files from the interface\addons folder, then unzipped the new Carbonite. I then double checked the file tree structure as outlined above, and everything was correct. When I log in and view addons, it shows Carbonite v6.2.

My Battlenet ver is 7.0.3.22293. DxDiag shows no errors. I'm running Win 7 Pro x64 on a custom build machine, i5 quad core 3.60gb, 8 gb memory, nVidia GForce Crossfire with 2gb memory, More than 7tb disk space. All drivers are UTD. I've reset ingame system to recommended status.

Any suggestion on a fix, or maybe something that I neglected?

On a side note, I've been using Carbonite since '09, and it is the greatest addy bar none. I remember in MoP where the original owners neglected upgrades, and you picked up the ball and ran with it. It was very frustrating because I had to relearn much of the games interface, and hated it! But you did a fantastic job of keeping it going, and I don't think you're appreciated enough for all the hours you spend just to keep Carbonite available for everyone.

So thank Rythal for your dedication, commitment and hard work!

Last edited by Mordralis : 07-23-16 at 06:59 AM.
07-23-16, 02:52 AM   #14
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I dont know which version of Carbionite do you use. Cant help u without this information, but u can try download latest version with latest fixes from link in my signature.
07-23-16, 06:55 AM   #15
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Mordralis View Post
Per instructions above, I got v6.2 from Github, removed all the Carbonite files from the interface\addons folder, then unzipped the new Carbonite. I then double checked the file tree structure as outlined above, and everything was correct. When I log in and view addons, it shows Carbonite v6.2.
If this isn't the version number you're looking for, I'm lost and need specifics.

Last edited by Mordralis : 07-23-16 at 06:58 AM.
07-23-16, 08:41 AM   #16
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

GetPos Err: 1068 = Mage Order Hall
07-23-16, 01:52 PM   #17
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Mordralis View Post
If this isn't the version number you're looking for, I'm lost and need specifics.
Some of the modules haven't been fully updated, so Rythal didn't update the .toc files. So, until all the files have been updated the version number will remain v6.2.

So it's all good, and Carbonite should still run correctly regardless of the version number as long as you have WoW set to load "out-of-date" addons so the v6.2 modules will load for you in-game.

I hope this answers your question correctly.
07-23-16, 06:33 PM   #18
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

1075 = phased scenario - Throne of Tides
1057 = Maelstrom (Shaman Order Hall)
1044 = The Wandering Isle/Temple of Five Dawns (Monk Order Hall)
1059 = phased scenario - Terrace of Endless Spring
more to come...

Also, I noticed when there is a usable quest item, I actually have to open my bags to use it rather than use the little icon on the quest watch list. No longer works like it used to.
07-23-16, 11:04 PM   #19
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Partially answered

Thanks for your response JW. However, that just partially answers my issue. Everything is working fine, as far as I can see - with the exception of garrison. For some reason the garrison lag is horrendous, with my FPS at 2 or 3. Once I leave the garrison however, it's fine. Just seems weird that the garrison is the only piece that is affected. Of course, in about 6 weeks, that isn't gonna mean much, since we won't be using the garrison anymore.
So, you're saying that we just have v6.2 to work with for the time being and any issues related to Carbonite to wait until fixes are implemented?
07-24-16, 03:33 AM   #20
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

There are fixes made on github every day so u should download new versions from there when u see new commit.

One thing that made my garrison low fps was when i got mining profesion and enabled showing nodes on mini map, maybe u got the same problem? I did disabled them and then got normal fps.

Another thing is: does your wow popup some errors? Maybe there is another addon that conflicts with carbonite. U should disable all and check wow with only carbonite enabled and then report any errors to us. This way we can find better solution for your problem.

Last edited by ircdirk : 07-24-16 at 03:35 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Lag when Carbonite is EnAbled