07-15-15, 04:34 PM   #1
pitman9
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Maps resize

The Carbonite map resizes itself. I hit M and the main map copes up. I size it to what I want and then i right-click on the map and click on Save map scale. Close and reopen the map and it's back to the original size. This happens with moth the mini-map and big map. Any way to set to the scale I want and keep it there?

Thanks.
07-15-15, 08:47 PM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

Just a question. Are you referring to the physical size (the width/height) of the two map views, or are you referring to the zoom scale of the map views? I believe "Save map scale" refers only to the zoom scale of the map areas shown and NOT the physical sizes of the two map views. Those are controlled manually.

I struggle all the time trying to figure out how the "Save map scale" thing works, compared to how I think it's supposed to work. If I save the zoom-scale for the larger Carbonite map view, sometimes (but, not always) the same scale is applied to the smaller Carbonite map view. And... vice/versa! I know each of those map views has separate API's, but I don't believe Rythal has updated the API for the smaller view. Personally, I think both views should display identical info (POI's, etc.) with the only difference being the physical size, view location, and separate zoom-scales for each. I don't think I've helped you; I'm only letting you know I'm unclear myself as to how it works. Sorry. I will watch your topic for someone else to give the answer.
07-15-15, 08:58 PM   #3
pitman9
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Just a question. Are you referring to the physical size (the width/height) of the two map views, or are you referring to the zoom scale of the map views? I believe "Save map scale" refers only to the zoom scale of the map areas shown and NOT the physical sizes of the two map views. Those are controlled manually.

I struggle all the time trying to figure out how the "Save map scale" thing works, compared to how I think it's supposed to work. If I save the zoom-scale for the larger Carbonite map view, sometimes (but, not always) the same scale is applied to the smaller Carbonite map view. And... vice/versa! I know each of those map views has separate API's, but I don't believe Rythal has updated the API for the smaller view. Personally, I think both views should display identical info (POI's, etc.) with the only difference being the physical size, view location, and separate zoom-scales for each. I don't think I've helped you; I'm only letting you know I'm unclear myself as to how it works. Sorry. I will watch your topic for someone else to give the answer.
Thanks for the response. I'm referring to the zoom scale. I should have been more clear. Sorry for the confusion. :)
07-16-15, 07:08 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are looking to set the "zoom scale", just zoom the map to where you like it and then right click the map and choose "Save Map Scale" (not sure of wording, not in-game right now) from the menu. I've found that you only have to do this on one of the maps to have it affect both sizes of the map, both minimized and maximized (those are the proper terms, since Carbonite only uses one map), but it can't hurt to do both, though. Then, when the scale looks "off", just right click the map and choose "Restore Map Scale" from the menu, or you can set a key bind for it. Just open the default key binding facility (esc > Key Bindings) and expand the "AddOns" heading. You'll find the Carbonite key binding options there. Set a key binding for "Restore Mapscale" and you should be done with it.

After you set up your "zoom scale", lock the maps in place. This will stop accidental moving or sizing of your maps. To do this place an "X" in the box in the all the way upper right corner of both map frames.

I don't know what causes the map scale to go wacky, but you can't stop it from doing it. It might be another addon or it could be something that is happening in your game and is local to your machine. I had the problem for a little while, but it cleared up and never bothered me again. I'm still waiting for it to happen again, but it hasn't yet.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-16-15 at 10:06 AM.
07-16-15, 09:53 PM   #5
pitman9
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
If you are looking to set the "zoom scale", just zoom the map to where you like it and then right click the map and choose "Save Map Scale" (not sure of wording, not in-game right now) from the menu. I've found that you only have to do this on one of the maps to have it affect both sizes of the map, both minimized and maximized (those are the proper terms, since Carbonite only uses one map), but it can't hurt to do both, though. Then, when the scale looks "off", just right click the map and choose "Restore Map Scale" from the menu, or you can set a key bind for it. Just open the default key binding facility (esc > Key Bindings) and expand the "AddOns" heading. You'll find the Carbonite key binding options there. Set a key binding for "Restore Mapscale" and you should be done with it.

After you set up your "zoom scale", lock the maps in place. This will stop accidental moving or sizing of your maps. To do this place an "X" in the box in the all the way upper right corner of both map frames.

I don't know what causes the map scale to go wacky, but you can't stop it from doing it. It might be another addon or it could be something that is happening in your game and is local to your machine. I had the problem for a little while, but it cleared up and never bothered me again. I'm still waiting for it to happen again, but it hasn't yet.
Thanks. I had saved the scale before, but never selected restore map scale. Since doing that it comes up where I had set it. I had already put the x in the box as you suggested on the big map but not the small one. Thanks for the suggestions.
07-17-15, 07:26 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are welcome.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Maps resize