04-19-15, 04:25 AM   #1
Destructor2012
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carbonite Arrow Background

Thanks for getting this updated since I last played back in November/December. I noticed that the Carbonite Arrow seems to no longer allow its background to be hidden. Is this something that I am overlooking in the options or is it no longer possible? Could this feature be added if it doesn't exist already? I know it's a relatively minor thing, but the translucent background behind it bothers me for some reason. Other aspects of this feature for Carbonite (fade in/out) seem to work fine. Here's a screenshot showing it:

http://imgur.com/zNTt5Xx

Thanks!
04-19-15, 08:10 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Destructor2012 View Post
Thanks for getting this updated since I last played back in November/December. I noticed that the Carbonite Arrow seems to no longer allow its background to be hidden. Is this something that I am overlooking in the options or is it no longer possible? Could this feature be added if it doesn't exist already? I know it's a relatively minor thing, but the translucent background behind it bothers me for some reason. Other aspects of this feature for Carbonite (fade in/out) seem to work fine. Here's a screenshot showing it:

http://imgur.com/zNTt5Xx

Thanks!
It's still possible. Open Carbonite's options and on the left panel, choose "Tracking HUD". On the right panel, look for the "Enable Target Button" option and enable it. That will give you the background circle for the arrow. Right below that option are the options for the color of the backing circle.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TargetArrow-1.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	8568

Click image for larger version

Name:	TargetArrow-2.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	8569
By-the-way, your screen shot doesn't show any backing color for the target arrow. The only way that could be happening is if you chose not to use the colored backdrop for the target arrow, or you made it appear to not be there using the alpha slider in the color pick tool (if the default color pick tool has one, even). Either way, it's a users choice to have a colored backdrop, or not, for the target arrow.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-19-15 at 08:25 AM.
04-20-15, 07:07 AM   #3
Destructor2012
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
It's still possible. Open Carbonite's options and on the left panel, choose "Tracking HUD". On the right panel, look for the "Enable Target Button" option and enable it. That will give you the background circle for the arrow. Right below that option are the options for the color of the backing circle.
Attachment 8568

Attachment 8569
By-the-way, your screen shot doesn't show any backing color for the target arrow. The only way that could be happening is if you chose not to use the colored backdrop for the target arrow, or you made it appear to not be there using the alpha slider in the color pick tool (if the default color pick tool has one, even). Either way, it's a users choice to have a colored backdrop, or not, for the target arrow.
Thanks, I will check that out when I play next. The background is there (it's a transparent one), just hard to see. Hopefully what you told me will remove the background and I can stop being OCD about it.

Edit: I just checked and it is working w/no background now after trying what you said. Thanks!

Last edited by Destructor2012 : 04-20-15 at 11:03 AM.
04-20-15, 11:31 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are welcome.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Carbonite Arrow Background