10-16-10, 07:43 PM   #1
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Selling grey items

Maybe someone has some simple script to sell all grey items in inventory? Used GarbageFu before, but maybe can do it with RDX.
10-20-10, 07:02 AM   #2
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Self response.. Not tested yet, macro actually, but who cares..

/run local p,N,c,n=0 for b=0,4 do for s=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b) do n=GetContainerItemLink(b,s) if n and string.find(n,"9d9d9d") then N={GetItemInfo(n)} c=GetItemCount(n) p=p+(N[11]*c)UseContainerItem(b,s) print(n) end end end print(GetCoinText(p))
11-17-10, 05:28 PM   #3
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
automation

How would one going about automating this, rather than using a macro every time? i.e. open vendor window, script sells all gray items automatically
11-17-10, 11:23 PM   #4
Troox
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thats what i use in my Autoexec Script for RDX, hope its usefull for you

Code:
local function GreySell()
  for bag=0,4 do
    for slot=0,GetContainerNumSlots(bag) do
      local link = GetContainerItemLink(bag, slot)
      if link and select(3, GetItemInfo(link)) == 0 then
        ShowMerchantSellCursor(1)
        UseContainerItem(bag, slot)
      end
    end
  end
end

local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
f:RegisterEvent("MERCHANT_SHOW")
f:SetScript("OnEvent", GreySell)
if MerchantFrame:IsVisible() then GreySell() end

Last edited by Troox : 11-20-10 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Missed the local f = CreateFrame("Frame") Line, sorry ;)
11-19-10, 10:44 PM   #5
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
Insertion

Thanks!

Couple of questions:
1) What part of the script designates the item quality ( grey )? Would be good to know if I'd like to do something with item qualities in scripts later on. I'm guessing it has to do with this line:
if link and select(3, GetItemInfo(link)) == 0 then
but I don't know the syntax enough to know what objects are being used and what part is actually the checking to see if the item is grey.

2) How to I make OpenRDX use this? It looks like this script is setting up the function to do the lifting of selling the items, then connecting the function to the event of opening a merchant window. The part I'm unclear on, is how to actually put it into RDX in a way that will make it use the script.

Sorry for the kind of long questions, I'm a programmer and interested in doing scripting like this, just don't know LUA or the WoW API. Thanks!

P.S. Just to feed my own programming curiosity, can you hook multiple scripts to an event using the same syntax? e.g. could I add a function called SellGreen and add another line like:
f:SetScript("OnEvent", SellGreen)
11-20-10, 06:33 AM   #6
Troox
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1) http://www.wowwiki.com/API_GetItemInfo
With Select you choose the third value from GetItemInfo, here ItemRarity. Goes from 0 to 7. http://www.wowwiki.com/API_TYPE_Quality

2) Open the Package Explorer, create a new Package or choose a existing one, right click it and choose "Info Package". On the Bottom you find "Run autoexec script". Activate it. Create in this package a new Object -> Script and name it "autoexec". In this Script (Rightclick/Edit) goes your code. Now it should be startet after a ReloadUI. If you want to add another function you need to change the name. f: was only a example.

eeeks, bad school english sorry

Take a look on my last post, missed a Line -> local f = CreateFrame("Frame")

Last edited by Troox : 11-20-10 at 06:35 AM.
11-20-10, 12:52 PM   #7
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
Ah! That line is what was messing me up; kept saying that f couldn't be found!

Thanks for all of the info! I'm sure I'll be shuffling through that wiki in the future.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Selling grey items