Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-11-10, 09:55 AM   #14
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Melody Kitn View Post
Me and the hubby were throwing around the idea that maybe it was all a diabolical scheme to get people to complain less on the forums.

Since a nice chunk of people were thinking of boycotting posting on the forums if it were to have their real name, imagine the impact it might have had in regards to posting disgruntled issues about ingame things, or rants about bugs and wait times. Less irate posts for Blizz to have to deal with with supposedly less trolls.
Only problem with this theory is they were going to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I saw almost every regular helpful poster out there categorically state they would leave if Blizzard ever did this.

Posters who have written much of the good unofficial documentation out there (including on wowwiki). People that spend a lot of their own free time helping people out of the forums, giving advice and writing FAQS , stickies and guides.

Effectively the best members of their community basically told them they would not stand this and stated they would leave if Blizzard went through with it. Not threatened. Stated they would leave like it was an indisputable fact that they would leave like how the sun comes up everyday.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Official forums: Real names only