03-01-08, 09:53 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Arena Tournament Realm Is Live on the PTR

The new Arena Tournament realm for World of Warcraft is available for testing on the Public Test Realm. Join your fellow players to be first to experience this exciting new form of PvP. Please also provide us any feedback at the Arena Tournament Forums. More information can be found at the Arena Tournament information page, item list and FAQ.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arena Tournament Item List Released

We’re glad to unveil the Arena Tournament item list page detailing the items that will be available to players participating in the 2008 Arena Tournament. Please keep in mind that the item list is not finalized and will most likely be changed based on feedback and testing. We wanted to give those interested a sneak preview of the items prior to the public testing phase. Visit our Arena Tournament information page for the latest information regarding the Arena Tournament.

And here is a forum post we prepared to explain why we are using Season 2 gear instead of Season 3… I forgot what title we wanted for this post, Chad thought of something so you might want to ask him.

“We are excited to release the Arena Tournament item list for the upcoming 2008 World of Warcraft Arena Tournament. At first glance, you will notice that the equipment used is Season 2 equivalent gear. We intend to differentiate the gear used on the special tournament realm and the live realms and they will generally be at least one season behind. Please review the equipment list and please report any discrepancies or missing items you may find and we will continue to fine-tune the list prior to the start of the tournament. Thank you and good luck!”

Last edited by Cairenn : 03-01-08 at 09:58 AM.
03-01-08, 12:52 PM   #2
robthedude
Don't Panic

Wow this looks cool! First I've heard about it too.

Shame I suck at arenas and PvP in general, but I'll definately be following my friends progress with great interest!

Y'know what'd put the icing on it for me? WoW TV! Highlights of the tournament on the telly would be awesome!

03-01-08, 02:17 PM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How interesting. It's almost like they're selling access to a test server (level-up npc's, free gear, etc.) for six weeks for $20. And, it will probably be wildly successful. Blizzard is definitely a crafty bunch. Impressive.
03-01-08, 06:02 PM   #4
robthedude
Don't Panic

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
How interesting. It's almost like they're selling access to a test server (level-up npc's, free gear, etc.) for six weeks for $20. And, it will probably be wildly successful. Blizzard is definitely a crafty bunch. Impressive.
Very good point, what is it now, 6 million players? say just a quarter of them go for this, thats 30 mil, anyone know how big the prizes are going to be? betcha it's nowhere near that...

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Arena Tournament Realm Is Live on the PTR