05-17-09, 03:27 PM   #1
oddtoddy
A Murloc Raider
In my experience playing MMOs since UO, I can't stress enough how important it is not to release something until it's ready.
05-17-09, 05:28 PM   #2
Bomyne
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by oddtoddy View Post
In my experience playing MMOs since UO, I can't stress enough how important it is not to release something until it's ready.
Thats why it won't be released until July.

The point of Beta-testing is Testing and thats the version thats either being released today or in the next few days.
05-18-09, 02:20 PM   #3
legine
A Murloc Raider
point is that software is ruely never ready or finished. It is a good thing to have a roadmap. Even if you dont stick to it.

I think this is moving great! I am looking forward to the updater. You are doingd great, Shirik!
05-19-09, 03:08 PM   #4
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by legine View Post
point is that software is ruely never ready or finished
This is true and I think they know that. They're only worried about pushing out a half working program and having it get a terrible reputation before it's ready enough to not have any major bugs.

Look at the Curse Client, for example, I tried to use it when the rewrite first got pushed out. It was terrible. I have not used it since, despite it being rumored to be loads better.

First impressions are a GIGANTIC selling point. While something like this can never truly be finished, it can be stable.
05-19-09, 09:28 PM   #5
dropper
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by septor View Post
Look at the Curse Client, for example, I tried to use it when the rewrite first got pushed out. It was terrible. I have not used it since, despite it being rumored to be loads better.
Rumored isn't the correct word, since it's others opinions about how they feel about it. Go try it yourself. Form your own opinion.

It is a lot better than the first few versions and now does just about everything right. Some may not like the pay for enhanced usage of the tool, but it still works without that. I ponied up the subscription fee, just because they seem to have gotten it right.

(I am in no way affiliated with that site.)

Keith
05-22-09, 03:27 AM   #6
legine
A Murloc Raider
Well i tried the curse client and it works nicely.

I am objecting only ppl that thing a roadmap is not useful. Without one you wont be able to say when you are ready for release. Thats what it is about
05-23-09, 07:06 AM   #7
MonkH
A Defias Bandit
still on for 2morrow? :P

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Update: 16 May