02-18-10, 07:00 PM   #1
immaturestudent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Loremaster of Kalimdor

Hi there,

Apologies as this has probably been asked previously.

I want to complete the achievement in the title. What do i have to do for carbonite to show the quests I am yet to complete in that area on the map?

Thanks in advance

Hart

02-19-10, 02:09 AM   #2
aurora0809
A Murloc Raider
loremaster

i thiink the only way to find out what quests u havent done is just ride around the area and make sure to have the "low quests" tracked...u can also find quest hubs for certain areas online and go to those quest hubs

02-19-10, 02:13 AM   #3
dragonhorse
A Kobold Labourer
I have a similar issue. The previous version of Carbonite did show uncompleted quests, but the current one does not. I'm considering loading up the previous one to complete the loremaster achievement, since I've been unable to figure out how to do what the original poster wants.
I'd appreciate the help too, if it can be done. I haven't been able to figure it out in the Carbonite guide.

02-19-10, 07:34 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's very easy to have Carb show you incomplete quest givers. Following this info, all you will have to do is look at a zone on the map and you will see what ones are not completed.

From the CarboniteReadme.txt file located in Carbonite's addon directory (bold/italic emphasis is mine)

Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

02-19-10, 08:20 PM   #5
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dragonhorse View Post
I have a similar issue. The previous version of Carbonite did show uncompleted quests, but the current one does not. I'm considering loading up the previous one to complete the loremaster achievement, since I've been unable to figure out how to do what the original poster wants.
I'd appreciate the help too, if it can be done. I haven't been able to figure it out in the Carbonite guide.
Sorry to quote an old thing, but I was wondering this too. The previous version used to show uncompleted quests in relation to all quests in one given zone when you zoned in a zone... lol, anyway, now the new one doesn't... How can I show this again? :O Thanks again lol And sorry to pry.

-Ferous

05-12-10, 11:57 PM   #6
Pfoursync
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy I still can't see all levels of quests

Unfortunately, this still does not seem to work.
My map only shows level 80 quests.

Here is what I have set:

The button is YELLOW to show quests.

In Priorities, "Quest Give Lower Levels to Show" is 0
"Quest Giver Higer Levels to Show" is 80
I would expect this to show everything.

In Options -> Quest -> Number of quest levels in memory is 80

Do I need to set anything else to see ALL QUEST LEVELS on the map?

05-13-10, 12:58 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Pfoursync View Post
Unfortunately, this still does not seem to work.
My map only shows level 80 quests.

Here is what I have set:

The button is YELLOW to show quests.

In Priorities, "Quest Give Lower Levels to Show" is 0
"Quest Giver Higer Levels to Show" is 80
I would expect this to show everything.

In Options -> Quest -> Number of quest levels in memory is 80

Do I need to set anything else to see ALL QUEST LEVELS on the map?

You might want to try changing the lower level priority number to 80. I have both set to "80.00" and, as far as I can tell, I have all the quest givers in the zone on my map.

05-28-10, 10:36 PM   #8
xelepart
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Given the new "give me all the completed quests" -- which I know Carbonite used 'cause it asked me if it could -- I would think there'd be a "show quest givers with uncompleted quests" option by now. Is this on the horizon? I was considering voting for it, but it's not on the list of things to vote for. That's basically the one thing I've always wanted from Carbonite, and it feels like it should finally be possible. I'd pay good money for it.

-x

05-29-10, 09:22 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I really don't think that's necessary. If you use Carbonite's quest log, you can have a look at the "History" tab and it will show you all of your completed quests in that zone. You can cross reference that with the "Database" tab, which should only be showing quests that are either seasonal (which, I think, are prefaced by "0" rather than another number) or are normal quests that you have not completed as yet. Choose one of your uncompleted quests, and right click on the quest giver. This will give you a Carbonite pop up menu, and the second choices is "Goto Quest Giver". Choose this option, and it will put an entry in the Carbonite Quest Log (under a new heading: "Goto:"), and the Quest Watch, just as if it is a quest. You can then "track" that "quest" just like any other. Either use the purple "Auto Track" button on the Quest Watch header, or open the Quest Watch (if you are like me and keep it minimized) and activate it by clicking in the "dot" in front of the listing for that "quest".

08-23-10, 01:32 PM   #10
Kaoraku
A Defias Bandit
Question

Sorry to revive an old thread, but i work on the achi too. I have left only a few on kalimdor, but there was a few days (about a week) when i not loaded carbonite. And as i see, these quest are not marked as "done". After days it is still not marked done. Is it possible to force carbonite to requery the finished quests? Or I have to delete all the settings file, and "reinstall" it?

08-23-10, 01:59 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kaoraku View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread, but i work on the achi too. I have left only a few on kalimdor, but there was a few days (about a week) when i not loaded carbonite. And as i see, these quest are not marked as "done". After days it is still not marked done. Is it possible to force carbonite to requery the finished quests? Or I have to delete all the settings file, and "reinstall" it?
Open Carbonites' options and go to the "Quest" page. The tenth option check box down the page is for "Update quest history on login (gets from server)". Put a mark in it. You'll have to log out and back in to update your quest history.

08-23-10, 02:10 PM   #12
Kaoraku
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the fast response.

It was turned on. I turned off, relog, and turned on, and relog again. I hope it will work

08-23-10, 04:08 PM   #13
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Or, to do it without relogging, open your Quest Log (Carbonite's, that is). Click the History tab. Right click anywhere in this tab, and select Query server (or Get completed from server, not quite sure on what it read). Accept the popup, and you're done.

09-15-10, 05:13 PM   #14
dm9991966
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Or, to do it without relogging, open your Quest Log (Carbonite's, that is). Click the History tab. Right click anywhere in this tab, and select Query server (or Get completed from server, not quite sure on what it read). Accept the popup, and you're done.
One enhancement for the quest database that would be great would be information on prerequisites. For example, I see many quests in the database which are class specific, so I do not qualify, but they (and their quest givers) showup in the database list/on the map. If I mouse over a parchment icon I may see that a quest giver has multiple quests, but I don't know that I can't get any of them until I travel all the way there.

It would be nice to know that you do/don't qualify for quests before traveling all the way to the giver. Perhaps color coding the quest list:

Green quest level number = you can pick it up
Orange quest level number = missing prerequisit quest
Red quest level number = you can never pick it up (wrong class/profession, etc)

I've noticed in the quest-giver list (when you hover over a parchment icon) that quests can be listed as white or grey, but I haven't seen an explination of what the colors mean.

09-15-10, 05:39 PM   #15
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by dm9991966 View Post
I've noticed in the quest-giver list (when you hover over a parchment icon) that quests can be listed as white or grey, but I haven't seen an explination of what the colors mean.
White means you have not done that quest, grey means you have already completed that one.

09-15-10, 07:26 PM   #16
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

We will be filtering out all the invalid class/profession specific quests in the database update for Cataclysm.

Originally Posted by dm9991966 View Post
One enhancement for the quest database that would be great would be information on prerequisites. For example, I see many quests in the database which are class specific, so I do not qualify, but they (and their quest givers) showup in the database list/on the map. If I mouse over a parchment icon I may see that a quest giver has multiple quests, but I don't know that I can't get any of them until I travel all the way there.

It would be nice to know that you do/don't qualify for quests before traveling all the way to the giver. Perhaps color coding the quest list:

Green quest level number = you can pick it up
Orange quest level number = missing prerequisit quest
Red quest level number = you can never pick it up (wrong class/profession, etc)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Loremaster of Kalimdor