06-09-17, 11:39 AM   #1
Xully
A Cyclonian
Addons out of date

Hello, I got a question about addons, even thought I've updated them using curse client, ingame I still keep getting the message of "Out of dated addons may slow game etc etc etc press OK if you agree" you know that msg when the characters pop, where you choose your character to play on.

So what should I do in that case? thanks.
06-09-17, 11:52 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you have out of date addons that are giving you issues and/or errors, then find replacements for them or try to get them fixed. If they're just out of date but working fine, then there's no need to worry.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-09-17, 01:45 PM   #3
Xully
A Cyclonian
well tomtom giving me issues so I disabled it, it doesn't allow me to right click when I'm in the map.
06-09-17, 01:46 PM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In most cases, as Seerah mentioned, addons will work fine, but they are flagged as compatible with an older version of the game. Just looking at Twitch/Curse Client, I can see _NPCSCan.Overlay and Addon Control Panel as examples.

What you can do is on your character select screen, you will see a button called AddOns at the bottom left. Click that and a new window opens. In that window at the top right, enable load out of date addons.

Blizzard often resets that option to the off setting, usually during content patches and expansions, and you will have to reenable it.

If, once you have turned those back on, an addon still doesn't work, then yes, you will need to find a replacement or submit a bug report to the author of the addon.
06-09-17, 03:32 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
In the case of TomTom, it is just a matter of time until it gets updated. Its author hasn't been playing for a while, but is still active in the community - and a lot of users/authors use the addon and submit bug reports/patches to him.

/edit: he also said earlier today that he was considering returning to WoW
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-09-17, 04:52 PM   #6
Xully
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
In the case of TomTom, it is just a matter of time until it gets updated. Its author hasn't been playing for a while, but is still active in the community - and a lot of users/authors use the addon and submit bug reports/patches to him.

/edit: he also said earlier today that he was considering returning to WoW
Thanks, ok good news.

But you know what I just found out? It's very weird to me, so it needs an expert on addons, you know my problem with tomtom, I asked a friend who uses tomtom aswell and I instructed him to do what I did, and oddly enough my problem is not present on his side, isn't that weird?

The problem for me was when I'm in the map, if I right click to "Zoom out" you know, zoom outside of a current map i'm in and go to the whole area, then if you right click once more, you should go to the whole continent, stuff like that, the RIGHT CLICK is not working for me, so I was boggled, then I started turning off one addon at a time until I found what was causing it, and when I turned off tomtom then right click on map worked fine.

So I thought it's tomtom, but then when a friend told me is using it, I told him could you go to main map then click right click to zoom out, and he did it and it worked for him fine, so now my question is, why or rather how is it happening only to me with tomtom even though I've downloaded the same version as him from the site?

Sorry for the long msg, but I was trying to explain it as it's hard for me since English is not my language, thanks.
06-09-17, 06:43 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, I can right-click on the world map just fine myself. (And I have TomTom installed.)

What other addons do you use that touch the world map? One of them may be causing a conflict with TomTom. If you want to be sure that it's not your copy of TomTom, turn it back on and turn everything else back off.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addons out of date