06-14-09, 11:55 AM   #1
Abelius
A Defias Bandit

Question Automatic buff requester ??

Hello all,

I've been looking in the downloads section and searching in the forums for some time, but I was unable to find what I'm looking. Please, bear with me if this addon is already being implemented and/or was requested multiple times before.

There's a lot of heavy duty addons out there that monitor buffs and debuffs, but I was unable to find anyone to "simply" request a buff to a party member. I mean, an addon that (automatically) could do this...:

a) Check if you are in a party or not.

b) Check if there's a class that could cast a buff on you.

c) Check if you already have that buff of not.

d) If not, notifying that player (via party chat or whisper) to apply the buff to you.

Of course, for this addon to be practical, it needs to be stand-alone. I mean, not needing to be installed as well at the potential caster's machine.

Some additional nice features could be these...:

- Check if the player in your party could cast a higher rank buff that you already have.

- If an already applied buff is near to end (2 minutes or so), warn the potential caster as well (Healbot-alike).

I understand that my request may appear a little strange, because when you are in a Raid, all the guys are supposed to know exactly what to do, including the buffers, of course. But I spend a lot of time playing casually with others non-hardcore players, and I'm afraid that we are not very bright, he he...

If someone knows of such an addon, even if it's a functionality subset of a larger one, please tell me. In any case, it could be great to have a light-weight addon that could do this...

Thanks for reading.
06-17-09, 03:30 AM   #2
Recluse
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hrm, well... I've been using an addon called ZOMGBuffs for quite some time, and it has a button which allows you to click it to buff all your buffs on the raid, and so on.

However, when you mouse over this button, it gives a detailed tooltip-like popup which shows you every member of the raid along with whether they are missing any buffs from any class that can buff in your raid. Even tracks whether raid members have a flask going or not and getting their well fed buff, etc.

I use ZOMGBuffs primarily for this reason (and the one-click smart buffing), so I know when I need to drop another fish feast, or tell the priests that they are slacking on fort buffs, when to ask for a baby buff (if only I am missing it), or to ask/wait for a group buff (many missing it), etc

It does -not- have the whispering thing you're asking about, but it does have the opposite! Players can whisper you with a command which will then tell ZOMGBuffs to inform you that they want a certain buff, or a different buff than you gave them (for example paladin blessings).

It is an interesting concept you bring up, but I'm not sure I agree with the whispering the buffers, especially an expiry notice. I watch the buffs I provide, and know when they are going to run out, and unless it will expire during combat, I normally do not rebuff until 15-30 seconds remain. Having half the raid spamming me with whispers every 60 seconds telling me I need to rebuff them would drive me nuts lol. The intention isn't bad, but I do see it causing some upset buffers in the end

Perhaps ZOMGBuffs might provide at least partial functionality for what you're looking for?
06-20-09, 03:16 AM   #3
MegaKSVS
A Fallenroot Satyr
BuffEnough?
06-20-09, 06:05 AM   #4
Abelius
A Defias Bandit

Smile Thanks guys

Hello recluse and MegaKSVS,

Thank you so much for your replies.

Originally Posted by recluse View Post
Perhaps ZOMGBuffs might provide at least partial functionality for what you're looking for?
I might be, even if it's designed from the raid-leader point of view. It seems a pretty heavy addon, and maybe it could do something for me, even if it's not my initial idea.

Originally Posted by MegaKSVS View Post
This addon was the first that I saw, when I was fixedly looking for my "ideal" solution. But now that you bring it to me again, maybe I overlooked something, because it seems that it could be what I'm looking for:

"It scans the raid to figure out what you should have, and then scans your buffs and gear to figure out what you do have."

If "raid" could be "party" as well, then that's the thing for me. I'll try it out, and see if it works well enough.

Thank you to both!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Automatic buff requester ??