06-06-05, 07:01 PM   #1
exodus54
A Defias Bandit
Removing... Everything

I've got some much junk piled up in my interface folder and so many different mods in there, is there any way to clear cut all of that junk besides deleting everything in the addons dir? I tried that obviously everything crashed after loading. Thnx.
06-06-05, 07:42 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You want to delete all your addons, without deleting all your addons? *scritches head*

I must be reading your question wrong ... *looks very confused*
06-06-05, 08:22 PM   #3
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you really want to purge your warcraft installation of everything, you would want to remove your Interface, WTF, and likely you WDB directories.

This will remove all vestiges of any AddOns you have installed. It will also, unfortunately, remove all of your macro's, keybinds, etc. Warcraft will behave just like it did the day you pulled it out of the box the first time you log in. If not, something else is amiss.

If you want to "clean out your AddOn's" without deleting them, well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to scratch my head along with Cairenn?
06-06-05, 08:47 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You can, if you wish, make a back up of your macro-cache.txt file, if you have a lot of macros that you don't want to have to set back up again. Go to your ../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name> folder and copy the file out to your desktop, then delete the WTF folder. After you've set everything back up again, you can copy it back in.
06-06-05, 08:58 PM   #5
exodus54
A Defias Bandit
thnx a bunch guys, i was just looking for a way to get rid off all UI addons and reinstall the ones I like.
Now does anyone know where I can get a stand alone atlas addon, i loved that thing.
06-06-05, 09:04 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You mean this one?
07-01-05, 09:37 PM   #7
Astral
A Defias Bandit
Probably could've just clicked the AddOns button at character select and uncheck the ones you didn't want to load...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Removing... Everything