07-23-05, 06:19 PM   #1
Permities
A Defias Bandit
Addon button missing

I just lost my custom UI made by a friend apparently it crashed my game and I had to reinstall. I decided to come here and download a new one and I decided on the Hunter Compilation which looked like a good one for me. I installed it accordingly and when I logged into my account there was no addon button in the lower lefthand corner as there usually is. If someone could help me with this matter quickly I would be very appreciative, thanks in advance.
07-24-05, 07:13 PM   #2
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Permities
I just lost my custom UI made by a friend apparently it crashed my game and I had to reinstall. I decided to come here and download a new one and I decided on the Hunter Compilation which looked like a good one for me. I installed it accordingly and when I logged into my account there was no addon button in the lower lefthand corner as there usually is. If someone could help me with this matter quickly I would be very appreciative, thanks in advance.
It's not reading your addon correctly. You sure it's correctly installed? What's the directory structure to your addon? Should be <WoW Folder>\Interface\AddOns\<AddoName>\ with all the addon files under the <AddonName> directory.

A common mistake a person can make is incorrectly naming the AddOns directory to AddOn. Or trying to put multiple directory layers under the AddOns folder for "sub" addons (you can't do that). Has to be <AddOnName>\<AddOnName>.toc, <AddOnName>\<AddOnName>.xml and <AddOnName>\<AddOnName>.lua to start. There can be more, but those are the bare min required.

(Edit, some reason these forums are changing my backslashes to pipes. Just know it should be backslashes.)
07-24-05, 08:22 PM   #3
Permities
A Defias Bandit
Eh you'll have to mind my very LOW knowledge of computers, all I know is that the directory is

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\HunterCompile\<files>

(Edit) I found a much simpler solution after screwing around I deleted the interface folder and I extracted the files right into my World of Warcraft folder instead of making all these other folders and it worked as intended, thanks for the help

Last edited by Permities : 07-24-05 at 08:37 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon button missing