06-27-05, 08:53 AM   #1
rraazz
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Need Help - Track Individual AddOn Memory?

Hi. Is there a way (or an AddOn) that will display the memory usage of each individual AddOn you have?

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my AddOn memory usage will go thru the roof (+2.0MB/sec) causing GC to happen every few seconds (My UI memory is currently set to 64MB). Generally if I camp out and back in the problem is cleared for a short period of time, but this obviously isn't a viable solution. Also, systematically disabling (or enabling) AddOns is going to be tough since I can't figure out how to reliably cause this problem to happen.

So, in the interrim, to help me narrow it down, I was hoping there was some tool out there that would allow me to see which addon(s) are freaking out when this is happening.

Any help, troubleshooting or if you know if a tool/addon would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by rraazz : 06-27-05 at 09:11 AM.
06-27-05, 09:38 AM   #2
SilverShadow
An Aku'mai Servant

Unhappy Hrm..

I don't think it's possible due to the way Lua coding works. Basically you can tell if somethig is a memory hog by how it works. Believe it or not, Titan Panel is a bigger memory hog than a lot of data miners (like Gatherer or ItemsMatrix) because its constantly updating.
06-27-05, 09:52 AM   #3
rraazz
A Defias Bandit
Yeah I figured that much... the way GC works and the constant label updates, etc... I've been using Titan for some time tho w/o any serious trouble.

I first started noticing the problem when I got into an instance group the other nite. My GC was happening about every 2 seconds. I finally tracked that down to CombatStats, turned it off, and that particular problem went away.

What's odd about the problem I'm having now is that it'll start spiking "randomly" and once it starts it will not stop. My memory usage will continue to increase by 1.5-2mb per second, even if I'm standing still doing nothing until I log out. It's quite frustrating. If I could just figure out the trigger I could go thru my addons one by one.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need Help - Track Individual AddOn Memory?