02-05-13, 12:33 PM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A couple of suggestions

1. Is it possible to code RDX that when users select a theme (Sitrax, Syla, etc) it detects any channels the users have created, such as Whispers or Spam or MyChannel, and creates a window to match? I know you can create windows yourself after setting up, but it would be great if RDX did this automatically.
  2. In the themes, (which are awesome, love Sitrax now, more than Syla!), can you add Reputation and XP bars to the player frame? Maybe for Party, but I could see most people wanting to turn that off. It is weird not knowing my progress. Yes, Syla has both, so this is more for Sitrax and Totorox and Fombeck.
  3. I was thrilled to see RDX and some themes show up on Curse, but Fombeck isn't there at all, and the latest builds of RDX and other themes haven't been updated. Is it because they are Beta?
  4. This might be too difficult. Can the minimap itself be unhooked from any theme's Main Panel? The result I am looking for is "hole in the middle", so the Main Panel is still there, but the minimap can be replaced. What I am really asking is to be able to configure the minimap and not impact the Main Panel of a theme. Two separate elements.
Last, this is not really a suggestion, but a question. I am still using ChocolateBar for my LDB displays. What is the step by step process of adding LDB to RDX? I am using Sitrax. If you could, please provide screen shots or video. I'm asking because right now, my buffs and debuffs are sitting on top of my LDB, and I would rather anchor them to the LDB at the top.

Sigg, keep up the wonderful work! I keep my eye on RDX because I have wanted to make a full switch for a long time, given that my current main UI is made up of many addons, and I would like to slim down to one.
02-09-13, 02:44 PM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hi myrroddin,

1. agree, I will refactore this part.
2. In general, I add the xp bar in the main panel or in his own window. The window wizard tool will help you to copy windows from others themes.
3. Will do it.
4. I have add an option to not manage minimap + button minimaps.

Open the RDX global settings to manage global viewport. The anchor point of the UI will move automatically.

Cheers
Sigg
02-10-13, 02:31 AM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You are awesome, Sigg! Going to test out stuff, and get back to you!

Oh, and Totorox = Amazing!

One question, about your own settings. What UI scale are you using, and what resolution are you running? I'm wondering because the RDX themes I use do not fit exactly like your pictures. I think it is either my resolution (1920 x 1080) or UI scale (80%). Just comparing to yours.

Mine:
| |Totorox/Syla/etc| |
Yours:
|Totorox/Syla/etc|

I have a gap on both sides of empty space.
02-12-13, 01:50 PM   #4
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
It is 1600x900

You can change the scale of the main panel with the desktop tool
( open the desktop tool, click on the main panel window to select it on the desktop tool then change the scale, the alpha and the stratum)

Cheers
02-13-13, 01:31 AM   #5
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ah yes, that explains a lot. Thank you Sigg!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Support » OpenRDX: Feature Requests » A couple of suggestions