05-23-07, 03:08 PM   #1
Hintshigen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation No more of the same: A UI Ideo

I've been hunting for a better UI than the default since I started playing, unfortunately they're almost all the same layout/style with minor differences.

Was wondering, since I lack the know-how required, if anyone would be interested in making a Vista Sidebar type UI Theme. Mini Map up at the top, Buffs, KLH/SW, Party at the bottom. Granted you'd be cutting out a bit of real estate on the right hand side but at least it's a different style instead of the mini map center-bottom flanked on either side by a couple of chat boxes.

If I had any skill in paint or photoshop I'd probably mock something up but I don't own photoshop and last time I used paint it hurled insults at me.

Anyways, just a thought.

What do you guys think?
05-23-07, 04:23 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There are a few of those sprinkled through this thread ( http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=1764.0 ) more towards the end. You can just do it with mods/eePanels, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-24-07, 05:10 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
try mine

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-24-07, 10:48 PM   #4
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
The only texture mod with side bars, besides a custom discord interface, that I know of is Sunn Veiwport. There are 4 different custom art packs to choose from, and there is a horizontal viewport as well.

I know you were looking for someone to possibly build one for you, just figured I'd give you an option of a well made mod.
05-25-07, 02:24 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

eepanels, and skinner add art.

05-27-07, 08:39 AM   #6
Hintshigen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks guys, this was the best I could come up with though

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1...7152131za6.jpg

Basically took Photeks latest UI, stripped all the Addons, but kept the configuration file as I'd be adding most the addon's back in at some point and I don't know enough about configuring from scratch.

Then just added one addon at a time configuring as I went. Not exactly how I envisioned it, but... meh. (Party is below minimap)

Anywho thanks again.
05-27-07, 04:02 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Not too bad. If you wanted to, you could lighten the transparency on those chat frames at the bottom, to make it seem like you only have a side bar...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-28-07, 11:28 AM   #8
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

meh...not the worst I've ever seen..I just don't like the viewport on the side.

05-28-07, 12:18 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's not a viewport, it's an eePanel. And that's what he wanted - something like the Vista sidebar. I've seen a few people do something like that.

06-07-07, 03:56 PM   #10
Hintshigen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Took me a while but found one made by a guy with a helluva lot more skill than I.

Found it at http://www.rogueshaven.com

Thanks again everyone for your help, while I quested for a different style of UI.
06-07-07, 04:01 PM   #11
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Hintshigen
Took me a while but found one made by a guy with a helluva lot more skill than I.

Found it at http://www.rogueshaven.com

Thanks again everyone for your help, while I quested for a different style of UI.

I'm using one of those UI's right now

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » No more of the same: A UI Ideo