11-25-08, 03:14 PM   #1
Falk
A Murloc Raider
WTB Starcraft UI again!

Hi!

i've looked through the forum and saw an awesome Ui with the Interface from Starcraft 2. I tried to apply it to WoW but it was out of date.
Elloria created the old interface, and i'm asking very kindly: can u please make another version thats up to date with the current WoW or give me a detailed guide how u do one of those UIs.

It would be lovly!

//Falk, Vek'nilash
11-25-08, 03:27 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just update the addons that were in the other UI pack.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-25-08, 04:54 PM   #3
Falk
A Murloc Raider
that does not work since eepanels (that the mod was created with) does not longer exist, now its called kgpanels and is the same thing... with a slight difference.

so the mod have to be done again.
11-25-08, 05:02 PM   #4
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well Falk, I suggest you simply recreate the missing parts if you love the UI that much.

KgPanels is really not hard to use, only the Anchoring and Parenting can be confusing if you see them for the first time, but that's about it.

Well unless you want to go really advanced with scripts attached to them, but I haven't really seen much use for scripts in panels tbh.
11-25-08, 05:03 PM   #5
Arabeth
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I think kgPanels has the ability to import from eePanels (at least it did when I made the change). So you could install kgPanels, log in and I think it does the port automatically.

You may still have to tweak it a bit, but the hard bit may well be all done.
11-25-08, 10:06 PM   #6
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Arabeth View Post
I think kgPanels has the ability to import from eePanels (at least it did when I made the change). So you could install kgPanels, log in and I think it does the port automatically.

You may still have to tweak it a bit, but the hard bit may well be all done.
I know little of the two addons, but if the above doesn't work and yet they're incredibly related, why not try renaming your eePanels saved variables file or copying parts of it into the new kgPanels one?
11-26-08, 01:43 AM   #7
Falk
A Murloc Raider
thanks so far =D

i've tried to rename the eepanles variables but it didnt work at all for me. dont rly know what i did wrong...
what i did was to look up what files where simular in name and in file type and renemed and replaced them. but it didnt work together.

i havent tried to import eepanels files with kgpanels.. will try that when i come home.

thank you for your help... ill get back with my results.
11-26-08, 09:11 AM   #8
Falk
A Murloc Raider
I have found the "import from eepanels2" button. but it wont work... first i come up with a name for the layout and then im supposed to write a "import layout" and i cant really understand what im suppose to write there...

i tried to write the file place (\\Interface\\AddOns\\kgPanels......) but the "import from eepanels2" stays grey...

im using the kgpanels from: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ad/307572.aspx

and starcraft pack from: http://postdownload.filefront.com/10...c6d7c4799beebe

what are u suppose to write in that box... please help me...

//falk
11-26-08, 10:12 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm not in-game right now, but did you read that section in the FAQ that's included in the kgpanels options window?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-26-08, 05:57 PM   #10
Falk
A Murloc Raider
yeah but i still dont understand what to write there... maybe im just being a retard but i cant understand it. im glad for the help tho.
11-26-08, 07:00 PM   #11
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Sorry to just up and blow everyone off. Ive been playing the game so much lately i haven't even really spent much time on even my own addons. hehe i downloaded someone elses mod pack for the time being just to get through to 80. Once i hit 80 and i have more time i will be updating my interfaces. sorry for the delay. I hope everyone is enjoying the new expansion!

Ps. im 78 now :P
11-27-08, 03:14 AM   #12
Falk
A Murloc Raider
thanks elloria! u make me happy. i will w8 for ya!!

(lvl 80 rogue, 3/5 t7, full nexx clear 5,5 hours yesterday,)

cya soon!

//falk
12-01-08, 10:59 AM   #13
Falk
A Murloc Raider
just wondering how it is going for you elloria!

since ur helping me (which im very happy about, i wonder if there is anything i can do to you) dont know that much about Ui tho but maybe u need something that i can help u with.

and please also tell me if u made any progress in making an UI fit for my needs =D

// Falk

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » WTB Starcraft UI again!