10-24-05, 10:59 PM   #1
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation New Version 1.0.100.8 Up

Hi guys,

Well this is a biggish update, but mainly in the underlying code. I have added some MDI features (Window menu, menu merging, etc) including a Format menu for the UI designer (with alignment functions). I have also added a Frame list to the project explorer that will display all the frames defined in the project, and allow you to view them in the renderer. You can edit the XML file, save it, then switch to the renderer to see the result, and switch back, etc.

Also, there is a somewhat experimental ability to edit the properties of rendered frames with the property viewer. You can change all the properties listed, but because alot of the textures and fonts are cached at load time, they may not update correctly. To better support this, the Renderer has a new menu item "Rewrite XML File" that will take the new state of the frame and write out a new XML file, it will totally overwrite what is already there, but not actually save it to disk. Hopefully the new file will be similar to what you already had, with just some ordering differences and default attributes not displayed. I will work on updating fonts and textures better for next release, I just wanted it out the door for now as I need to do some real work~

Please test the new features and old ones as there has been a fair bit of code changes that could have broken all kinds of things. Also let me know what you think of the XML writing, and the whole renderer editing experience. Thanks for testing...

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » New Version 1.0.100.8 Up