08-30-10, 02:02 AM   #1
jaelyn
A Kobold Labourer
Kaspersky compatability

I was just wondering if Wow Interface has any compatability issues with Kaspersky Internet Security before I install it to my computer. I have been using Curse Client to get my addons but now have problems because Kaspersky sees it as a virus which then causes my computer to slow down or refuse to load properly.
08-30-10, 03:58 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had all sorts of issues with Kaspersky. AVG or NOD32 would be a better choice imho.
08-30-10, 04:56 AM   #3
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
It depends on what you want - if you want good AV, keep using Kaspersky, MS Security Essentials, or NOD32....if you don't care as much about using one of the best AV programs, dump Kaspersky and get McAfee, AVG, etc.

IMO, keeping a better VA, and manually updating addons is better than reducing your AV protection (by going with the likes of McAfee, AVG, etc) and having something automatically do it for you.

Check the AV Comparatives site for comparison checks of a majority of the AV applications out.

Marth

08-30-10, 05:19 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
if you don't care as much about using one of the best AV programs, dump Kaspersky and get McAfee, AVG, etc.

What Marthisdil said ^ is absolutely nothing more than opinion.
09-14-10, 11:52 AM   #5
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
*casts Forum rez*

I have discovered a new favorite AV.. free, by the makers of Panda AV..

Panda Cloud AntiVirus..

It uses "cloud" architecture, which, explained in laymans terms, is simply a loose collection of computers linked together to serve a single purpose.. in this case, scanning each other for virii..

I like it, seems -very- light on resources compared to most traditional AVs.. and it just does its thing in the background.. www.cloudantivirus.com if ya interested.

I've always used Panda's activescan online scanner at customer's homes if I think they may have a virus..

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Kaspersky compatability