12-11-06, 08:48 AM   #41
mitsu
A Defias Bandit
i have several problems with the latest ctmod2 version:

a) rightclick -> whisper player in chatframe/friendslist/guildmenu doesn't work,
instead theres an error shown

b) holding alt(selftcast-button) + clicking on a skill on hotbar by mouse doesn't work,
i.e. holding selfcast-button + hitting a buff on ct_bars doesn't perform a buff on myself
12-11-06, 09:33 AM   #42
ShigaLikeTox
A Defias Bandit
Self Cast

The self cast key is not functioning anymore. Is it a bug or I miss some setting?
Are there any addons I shoud use?
12-11-06, 09:48 AM   #43
Slarti
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is a major bug in CT_RaidAssist (current version) that prevents debuffs from being detected on raid members on localized clients. I dived into the code myself and found that the debuff type strings (like "Curse" or "Poison") returned by the function UnitDebuff() are always the english ones, but you are comparing them to localized strings and therefore debuffs aren't detected correctly on non-english clients.
I did write a quick-and-dirty fix for the problem that consists of changing the lines

Code:
while ( debuff ) do 
stats.n = stats.n + 1;
in the function CT_RA_ScanUnitDebuffs() to

Code:
while ( debuff ) do 
if(dType=="Curse") then dType=CT_RA_CURSE end 
if(dType=="Poison") then dType=CT_RA_POISON end 
if(dType=="Disease") then dType=CT_RA_DISEASE end 
if(dType=="Magic") then dType=CT_RA_MAGIC end 
stats.n = stats.n + 1;
to translate the debuff type strings to localized ones. This works great for us, but it would of course be great if you'd adress the problem.

Until then, I've now written a tiny fix addon that overwrites the buggy CT_RaidAssist debuff detection routines with corrected ones: http://www.wow-friendship.de/CTRADebuffFix.zip

Last edited by Slarti : 12-12-06 at 08:44 AM.
12-11-06, 01:20 PM   #44
soupe
A Kobold Labourer
I do have an annoying bug with CT Barmod : Self cast keys or R click self cast mods do not work anymore on CT bars only

There's another thin i miss from the previous barmod, it's the ability to move changeform / pet bar, pleaaaase, could you bring back this awesome option ?
12-11-06, 03:17 PM   #45
Glayde
A Murloc Raider
Moo.

Ever since i started putting mods back into my interface, something terrible has been going on in raids.

Whenever anyone is:

- added/deleted to the raid
- logs in or out while in the raid
- zones/releases while in the raid

I have a second pause.
Multiply this 39 times on a wipe or raid formation, and it can close my client.

On one of the early ctmod releases for 2.0, i didn't have a problem with this.
On later ones I did.
I tracked down the individual mod responsible.

It's CT_Party buffs.

I disable that particular mod, everything is fine.
I don't, I get the pauses anytime anyone in the raid leaves/enters/logs/zones/releases.

It worked fine for an earlier ct version that was housed in
CTMod 2.zip.

the most recent CTMod 2.zip seems to have the broken the party buff mod in relation to raids.

CTMod 2 - Update 7.zip also has the broken version
CTMod 2 - Update 8.zip also has the broken version

Unfortunately i overwrote my first CTMod 2.zip i downloaded and I am stuck with the broken CT_Party buffs.
12-11-06, 03:23 PM   #46
mitsu
A Defias Bandit
i can confirm your experiences, but didn't want to state them here since i couldn't point out, which addon was causing that exactly..
12-11-06, 05:36 PM   #47
w4tch0
A Kobold Labourer
Some bugs i have found:

>>CT_unitframes:
(not sure this is really a bug, but anyway)
I am able to move aroud my unitframe and the unitframe of the target and target of the target, but a feathure to lock the frames is missing. So they are allways moveble and i sometimes move them by accident.... this is very anoying.
Also i am not able to move the party frames (not sure if this is a bug or just a missing/not implemented feathure) but it would be nice if it would be possible.

>>CT_partybuffs:
It does not matter what i set in its settings, I don't see any buffs of my pet (hunter pet), without the mod (default blizzard UI) i can only see pet buffs if I click with my mouse on my pets unitframe, but with CT_partybuffs enabled I don't see pets buffs ever.

>>CT_core:
Relocating the quest tracker doesn't stick. As soon as I hide the quest tracker anchor and i add another quest to track (by shift click in the quest log), the the tracker gets relocated back to its default possition. And its possible it gets relocated back also on other events (something in tracked quests gets updated/changed/added) but didn't really have time to test this.
12-11-06, 07:49 PM   #48
magicrub
A Kobold Labourer
scroll buttons/ scroll wheel bug

Scroll buttons on chat pane do not appear when logging in or changing zones even though hide chat buttons option is unchecked in ct_core menu.

Scroll using mousewheel does not work after logging in or changing zones even though scrolling option is checked in ct_core menu.
12-11-06, 08:57 PM   #49
Teclador
A Defias Bandit
Some new Bug i found with:

>CT_partybuffs:
When im for example died in Naxx and i release to get back to instanz, i get a very nerving sound. This sound is played on my Partymembers Buffbar. Whats happens exactly, the Ghost Pic is flickering on/off on/off the whool time i need to get back to instanz.
12-12-06, 12:48 AM   #50
Dashcan
A Kobold Labourer
Error

Past few times I've been in BG's, I get this when I use some items or talents.

Interface\Addons\CT_MapMod\CT_UserNoteMap.lua:668: bad argument #1 to 'select'
(index out of range)

Anyone else get this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121106_205723.jpeg
Views:	645
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	922  
12-12-06, 02:34 AM   #51
Serjo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by cmsciulli
Hi guys,

Before I report my issues I wanted to thank you all for your efforts in getting CT Mod and RaidAssist ready for 2.0.

Now onto the issues. . . I cannot get the MT windows to display. I have that option enabled
Same here, both for thanks and for MT window not showing up.

Serjo
12-12-06, 02:46 AM   #52
ramzi_
A Defias Bandit
When I press my keybinding to try to switch CTRaid from group based sorting to class based, the raid windows remain the same (group based), but the title for each window changes to the different classes (group 1 = warriors, group 2 = druid, etc).

This was one of my favorite features of CTraid, being able to quickly sort the raid into classes on the fly made finding someone very easy.

EDIT: CTraid version 1.621

Last edited by ramzi_ : 12-12-06 at 02:57 AM.
12-12-06, 05:27 AM   #53
Jiiri
A Kobold Labourer
Some bugs i have found / or Options I *really* miss :

>>CT_unitframes:
* I can move my own Characterframe, but there is no option to lock it / undo the changes to restore the original positions.
* I really miss to move the casting bar !

>>CT_barmod:
* I like to disable the cooldown counts - before update_8, the cooldown counts were for me not working at all, so I use OmniCC now - the advantage : customizable colors/sizes of the cooldown, and (most important), it counts in minutes:seconds. So e.g. arcane power is 1:26 - I can clearly see the time left, while the CT_mod ´would display 2m and then of a sudden change into 59s. (so I nearly loose a whole minute not knowing that the cooldown is close to 1 minute). Also, now, both Addons interfere, so I have two cooldowns displayed one over the other.
* I like the "redout" feature for casts that are out of range - but I feel like the color of the redout was more opaque/red before the 2.0 ptach - I'd like to see a darker red / option to adjust this value.
* Sometimes the redout feature seems to not work at correctly. (Yesterday I was several times out of range from Chromaggus with flamestrike, although the icon wasn't redout)

>>CT_buffmod:
* I miss the option to have the time placed below below the buff, and to adjust the buffs horizontally. (a bit like the original WoW-Buffs, but with the detaillevel of the Ctmod.) Maybe you can also program a change in size of the buffduration / blink to visually show when a buff is going to fade ?

>>CT_raidassist:
* It still seems to be laggy (or maybe it is partybuffs as I read here in the forums). We just yesterday had Nefarions skeletals coming up on us, and we all had lag / 0 fps, then 15 players got disconnected.) We experienced that without CTmod at all the lag wasn't there.
* we miss the "old" designstyle - when not hiding borders, you can't surpress the the spacings, e.g. the CT_raid images/informations of the players are very far away from each other, esp. the MTs.
* I liked the way curses, poisons etc. were detected and showed by coloring the background of each player's information image in an appropriate color. this doesn't seem to work anymore. Bug or not possible anymore ?
* the MT target design also changed ... it looks a bit "chunky", can't say why.
* though not original CT_Mod, I liked CT_Raidicons, a mod which displayed next to an MT the raidicon of his target - this way, you can visually check if he has the right target. It's really a nice option you get used to.

Thanks for listening.

Nic
12-12-06, 06:16 AM   #54
Drag
A Kobold Labourer
got ct update 8.

- missing the ability of moving some standard ui frames like stance/shiftbars, durabilitydoll etc.

- missing the ability to let buttons color grey if abilities are out of range, instead of red only.

- missing the modification of the mana/hp regen popup, like hiding background.

- missing the ability to put BuffMod on and off with a simple check in the options. I had to uncheck the complete addon in the character screen to get rid of it.

- [Bug] scrolling in chat doesnt work after reloading ui or logging in and out, although its still checked in the option menu.

- [Bug] can not see my pet's buffs although "party buff" options are all on max. only way see them is the popup showing buffs when scrolling over my pet's avatar when "Pet Buffs Displayed" is set to 0.

thanks for your time and putting loads of work into this addon.
12-12-06, 07:13 AM   #55
Shalock
A Kobold Labourer
A little bug...

in any directory have function:

Code:
-- Add localizations for a given text string
local localizations;
local num_locales = 3; -- EN, DE, FR

[....]

local localeOffset;
function lib:getText(key)
        if ( localizations ) then

key = self[key];
                if ( not key ) then
                        return;
                end

if ( not localeOffset ) then
                        local locale = strsub(GetLocale(), 1, 2);
                        if ( locale == "en" ) then
                                localeOffset = 0;
                        elseif ( locale == "de" ) then
                                localeOffset = 1;
                        elseif ( locale == "fr" ) then
                                localeOffset = 2;
                         end 
                end

value = localizations[key+localeOffset];
                if ( not value and localeOffset > 0 ) then
                        value = localizations[key];
                end
                return value;
        end
end
Wow have now spanish version. With this allways jump window with error by localeOffset null. Please fix it ( only need add option for spanish or if not have translator, only add

Code:
                        elseif ( locale == "es" ) then
                                localeOffset = 0;
12-12-06, 02:04 PM   #56
JimmyJoeBob
A Murloc Raider
CT_Bar Mod

The bars on the bottom of the screen overlap Aura bars, Pet bars, Druid Form Bars, etc. This is an "Old" problem that has resurfaced. It was fixed once before. Now it has come back.
12-12-06, 03:35 PM   #57
Xumor
A Murloc Raider
ct raid, blessing 15 not display on french version
12-12-06, 05:48 PM   #58
Glayde
A Murloc Raider
I actually found a working version of the ct_party buffs.

I had the older version in an archived interface folder.
It was like the first release after the 2.0 patch and it does NOT cause any raid lag.

The ct_partybuffs.lua file is dated 12/5/2006 at 7:22pm
12-12-06, 06:18 PM   #59
Halaster
A Murloc Raider
All our priests had to remove CTRA for Naxx. The pet bars only show up if CTRA isn't running unfortunately. No idea why it's being hidden when they have CTRA turned on. I tested it myself and sure enough CTRA by itself doesn't let the pet bars show up.
12-12-06, 11:00 PM   #60
ToolPunk
An Aku'mai Servant

Unitframe - This is an issue I had dating back to the original CT mod before 2.0 and I was hoping it would be fixed in this new version. The issue is with displaying the Values on Health bars (not percentage). The Health bar on my targets displays a Percentage and not Values.

Barmod - Everything seems to be fine to me other then the fact that I can't wait till Bottom Bar comes out. The reason being the shift upwards for the Pet/Stance/Aura bar shifts too high, so I can't wait till I can actually move it around.

MailMod - This also was a Pre 2.0 issue I was hoping would be fixed. Sometimes after opening (in any way, all, selected, manualy) the mail (leaving none in the box) the mail icon stays there afterwards. Also, sometimes when I log in the icon is there but there is no mail.

Core - All the time, when logging in the chat arrows are not displayed. Workaround, if I check hide chat arrows and the uncheck it they will display.

Last edited by ToolPunk : 12-13-06 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Update - Core

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CTMod 2.0 Bugs