06-12-07, 02:54 PM   #1
Portalius
A Cyclonian

How far will you go?!?

Ok, a thread about you perfectly healty addiction to wow

When I first started playing this wounderfull game more than a year ago, I didnīt have my own internet connection. So I was only able to play if I could find some unlocked wireless network in the area... then after some time I (ofcause) got hooked on the game, and was SOOO anoyed when my neighbor would have the cruellity to turn off his network in the middle of the night so I couldnīt play!

Therefor I sometimes rushed down to the local network gaming cafe, to log on and keep playing

This only lasted for like 3 month, till I got my own solid internet connection, and could start playing for "real" on my lovely computer.

Then 3 weeks ago, the most terrible thing happend... My computer got a heartattack and just died... I had seen it comming for some time, but it still came to me as a bit of a shock... So then I didnīt have a computer at all..

Last weekend my parrents helped me out with this really small and slow laptop computer so I was at least able to use the internet and check mail and such though.

First thing I tried was ofacuse to install wow, to see if it runes... and it did!! (dancing around happey!!).. but, it donīt run very good though... ALL graphic is set to the lowest, and the game look REALLY crappy... like the landscape is not even showing the road and the minimap donīt work inside cities for some reason...

But the good thing is, that Iīm on, and Iīm able to keep in thouch with my friends ingame, and do a minimum of questing... though Iīm pretty sure dungeon runs and such is out of the question... lol

Anyway, my question is, how far would you guys go to keep playing?? and have you also had expirences like mine??

Iīm pretty sure that if I only had a mobilphone which I could tweek to just get some dots and stuff on the screen to show that I was actually playing, I would still be doing it... lol

If only one was IMBA
06-12-07, 09:28 PM   #2
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Meh... I do enjoy World of Warcraft. But I won't go through so many things just to play it. I still go out with friends, have a holiday. Yeah... It gets annoying when your GOD DAMNED wireless doesn't work... But hey, time to read a book or watch some TV. I'm currently at school which limits my gaming time, my friends and I have a close relationship in-and-out of World of Warcraft.

I've had experiences like that, when my laptop screen's backlight (getting a PC soon) stopped working, couldn't play for a week or so. So I installed on my father's computer... Pretty crap computer, but got the work done. Also, when Dad put parental control on me and forgot to put some log-in time for me - got quite annoying when he was travelling around Vietnam and Cambodia - especially when your level 70 friend asks you for a good ol' "Zul'Farrak" over MSN.

Oh well... When World of Warcraft finishes for me, I'll have the 'World of AdultHood' to explore.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » How far will you go?!?