02-15-06, 12:39 PM   #1
djjoshuad
A Defias Bandit
ConvertToRaid()

I am having some very frustrating problems getting this function to work at all inside my most recent addon.

The purpose of this addon is to simplify raid invited for endgame raiding. eventually, I plan to release it as an addon counterpart to the online guild raid scheduler I wrote in php. The concept is simple, take a string which contains info about the raid and parse it. One piece of data in that string is the list of invitees. So far, everything has been easy and smooth... except for ConvertToRaid(). I am using this code to decide when I should convert to raid:

Code:
function inviter_doRaid()
	if (UnitInParty("party1") == 1) then --we are in a party
		inviter_msg("found party.");
		if (UnitInRaid("party1") == 1) then --we are already in a raid
			inviter_msg("found raid.");
			return 0
		else
			inviter_msg("converting to raid");
			ConvertToRaid();
		end
	else
		inviter_msg("did not find party.");
		return 0
	end
end
you'll notice that there is some debug text in there for now, but hey... I'm debugging

the problem I'm having is that ConvertToRaid() simply does nothing. no error, no success. I can issue it directly from within the UI via /script and it works fine, assuming that i have 1 other person in my party. I haven't yet been able to test with more then 2 other people in party, but since it works via /script, it should work when automated, yes?

Someone please show me where I'm going wrong here. I can't find any reason why this shouldn't work as intended.

Last edited by djjoshuad : 02-15-06 at 01:08 PM.
02-15-06, 03:35 PM   #2
djjoshuad
A Defias Bandit
never mind... this was answered on the wow forums. turns out that during a party members changed event, raid interaction is disabled. I just had to call it from a different spot.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ConvertToRaid()