11-11-10, 03:23 PM   #1
Aelorean
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Help updating EWOlson_PointsOfInterest

I was wondering if someone might be willing to help me update a very useful addon called "EWOlson_PointsOfInterest". It was working prior to 4.0.1; however, I cannot find the author's website or any other way of determining if there is an update available.

It's a very small addon, so it's very possible that I might be able to do this myself; however, I must admit that I do not know where to go in order to find detailed information about the Addon API (and, in particular, specific differences between the previous version and 4.0.1.)

Anyway, I have attached the Addon as I have it now.

Thanks!

[Edit] I have removed the attachment. The original author asked that all of his addons be removed from this site. Please don't make them available on here against his wishes ~ Cairenn, administrator

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-11-10 at 06:05 PM.
11-11-10, 04:36 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
I was wondering if someone might be willing to help me update a very useful addon called "EWOlson_PointsOfInterest". It was working prior to 4.0.1; however, I cannot find the author's website or any other way of determining if there is an update available.

It's a very small addon, so it's very possible that I might be able to do this myself; however, I must admit that I do not know where to go in order to find detailed information about the Addon API (and, in particular, specific differences between the previous version and 4.0.1.)

Anyway, I have attached the Addon as I have it now.

Thanks!
If I'm thinking of the right person (my apologies if I'm not) this particular author left this website (WoWI) in the midst of the biggest snit ever. Not to mention that the last update he posted was basically a bomb set to sabotage WoW when it loaded.

Needless to say, I doubt you'll be able to get permission from the author to update it, and I'm relatively sure no one here would be willing to try.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
11-11-10, 04:41 PM   #3
Aelorean
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
and I'm relatively sure no one here would be willing to try.
That's unfortunate -- it's a nice addon and the LUA file is pretty simplistic, so I thought it might be easy.

Otherwise, could you perhaps point me to a good resource that lists the big changes between the previous version and 4.0.1? Maybe I can muddle through and get it done.

OR, if someone knows of a stand-alone addon that does the same thing, that would be helpful too. Basically, this addon just puts on your map the locations you need to reach in order to get the location achievement for that particular zone. Once you 'discover' the point, the icon is removed from the map.
11-11-10, 06:11 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WorldExplorer by Zasurus

edit:
or Explorer Coords on this site.

Last edited by Dridzt : 11-11-10 at 06:13 PM.
11-11-10, 06:33 PM   #5
Aelorean
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks!!

Feel free to disregard my previous request
11-11-10, 08:25 PM   #6
Dameek
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
If I'm thinking of the right person (my apologies if I'm not) this particular author left this website (WoWI) in the midst of the biggest snit ever. Not to mention that the last update he posted was basically a bomb set to sabotage WoW when it loaded.

Needless to say, I doubt you'll be able to get permission from the author to update it, and I'm relatively sure no one here would be willing to try.

WHAT!?? I was wondering where he/his addons went.
11-11-10, 10:36 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Dameek View Post
WHAT!?? I was wondering where he/his addons went.
It was during the whole... WM... thing. (I can't even bring myself to type the word)

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help updating EWOlson_PointsOfInterest