09-24-19, 12:22 PM   #1
tirafesi
A Murloc Raider
Energy tick rate

I made a frame to track energy tick rates, but how do I sync it?

I started counting 2s from the first OnUpdate, but that doesn't work.

When does the first energy tick happen?
09-24-19, 03:31 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is nothing you can use to directly tell you about energy ticks, you can only sync them with the event UNIT_ENERGY. It always fires when you login to a rogue, which should be the start of the tick, so start your OnUpdate count on that event. If it still isn't syncing up, try coding it to resync itself every time it measures an energy increase outside of combat.
09-25-19, 07:16 AM   #3
tirafesi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
There is nothing you can use to directly tell you about energy ticks, you can only sync them with the event UNIT_ENERGY. It always fires when you login to a rogue, which should be the start of the tick, so start your OnUpdate count on that event.
I tried this using the events UNIT_POWER_UPDATE and UNIT_POWER_FREQUENT - UNIT_ENERGY no longer exists - but the events don't fire when logging in.
09-25-19, 09:29 AM   #4
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My bad. I was looking at how IceHUD does their energy tick, which is what I use, and I missed the part of the code that checks for WoW version.

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Help/Support » Energy tick rate