10-04-12, 05:24 PM   #1
Sakurasamurai
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Quest watcher problems...

I am currently having trouble with my quest watcher, the mini map and everything else seems to work fine but though i have quests selected to be watched nothing shows. the mini map will have the area marked but i cant see what im supposed to be doing unless i open the quest logger. does anyone else have this issue or learned to fix it? i have also tried uninstalling carbonite and re-installing it and i still have this issue....

any help would be appreciated...

10-05-12, 10:06 AM   #2
Bohica
A Kobold Labourer
quest problems

problems in regards to quest watching keep arising and growing... Initially, would have to activate quest watch every time logged in as carbonite would turn off its own quest watch and wow's..
downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of carbonite and now not only does it turn off wow's quest watch and its own... but it now only lets me select just ONE quest to watch. Whenever I click on a quest in the log to watch, the check mark shows up fine, but if I click on a second quest.. the checkmark moves to that quest and disappears from any others that were checked. Also, cannot move to view other regions/areas in the main map for some reason...

10-05-12, 01:54 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bohica View Post
problems in regards to quest watching keep arising and growing... Initially, would have to activate quest watch every time logged in as carbonite would turn off its own quest watch and wow's..
downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of carbonite and now not only does it turn off wow's quest watch and its own... but it now only lets me select just ONE quest to watch. Whenever I click on a quest in the log to watch, the check mark shows up fine, but if I click on a second quest.. the checkmark moves to that quest and disappears from any others that were checked. Also, cannot move to view other regions/areas in the main map for some reason...
Try disabling all of you other addons EXCEPT Carbonite and see what happens. Doing this is the only way to really tell if another addon is interfering with Carbonite.

If Carbonite is still acting the same way with all of your other addons disabled, or you don't use any other addons, please go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and either rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files.
PLEASE, BE AWARE that by deleting (or renaming) these two files you WILL completely reset your Carbonite installation back to default settings. For ALL of your characters. That is because all of your character settings are contained in those two files.

Occasionally those files will become corrupted, and that is the only way to repair it.

If, however, Carbonite acts normally with all of your other addons disabled, then one of your other addons is interfering with Carbonite.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-05-12 at 01:57 PM.

10-05-12, 02:48 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
That's actually the way it's suppose to work, because carbonite's watch is a full replacement to blizzards rather then an addon that works with it, it sets whatever quest "autotrack" or clicking a ball to track as watched in blizzards just to enable the minimap blob of your current quest, and clears the rest.

However carbonite's watchlist should not be "disappearing" every login unless you have it turned off in the options.

The next release will have an option to enable or disable controlling blizzards watch for the blobs.

10-05-12, 05:33 PM   #5
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
Quests not in database - reset carbonite completely

I deleted my Carbonite directories from /addons
I downloaded Carbonite from the Wowinterface link and moved it under addons
I moved carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak to a different drive and started WOW
Carbonite loaded up as version 5.005001 B291
I accepted the request to move wow's minimap into carbonites and it reloaded graphics.

all of my quest watcher quests are still red button "not in database" when moused over
I went into ACP (addon control panel) and disabled all addons.
I reselected Carbonite to turn it on so the only addons I have running are Carbonite and ACP (addon control panel)

I did a reload UI
all of my quest watcher quests are still red button "not in database" when moused over
I accepted Carbonites request to get info from the server and it came back and said
Carbonite Set 4414 quests as done

I am in SW right now and again all of my quests are Pandarian with 2 Darkmoon fair. The darkmoon faire says "This objective zone is not in the database
And all the other quests say "This quest is not in the database"

There is a screenprint attached of my quest watcher settings and the quests on screen

I really hope this helps someone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100512_172539.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	7252  

Last edited by antiquada : 10-05-12 at 05:35 PM.

10-05-12, 05:45 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
OH! if your in stormwind they then yeah it is going to do that. Once your back in the zone the quests are from they should track properly. With no quest database, there is no seeing quests outside the zone they belong on.

10-05-12, 05:57 PM   #7
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
Continuation

I logged back in and portaled to Jade Forest. Did a reload ui. Same result. Screenprint attached

Then I went to Halfhill as I have a quest there. Nothing changed. Screen print attached.

Then I went to Kun-Lai Summit as I have 5 quests there. Nothing changed. Screen print attached.

I can play on my laptop this weekend so I can leave my desktop pristine if you need me to do anything on my Desktop.
Please go enjoy your weekend.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100512_175425.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	581.4 KB
ID:	7253  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100512_180403.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	7254  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100512_180927.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	646.9 KB
ID:	7255  

Last edited by antiquada : 10-05-12 at 06:11 PM.

10-05-12, 06:20 PM   #8
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
Continued

Here is a different toon on a different realm. all addons enabled, same fresh Carbonite install. Same issue with the jade forest quests not in database but if you notice the top quest is in Quest Watcher is in Twilight Highlands and it is working fine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100512_181713.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	589.5 KB
ID:	7256  

10-05-12, 07:51 PM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I have an off the wall idea.... hit Alt-M to bring up the real world map, look in the bottom right, is Show Objectives enabled? if not enable it and see.

10-05-12, 09:20 PM   #10
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
continued

Here it is. It was enabled when I hit Alt-m to bring it up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100512_211451.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	427.0 KB
ID:	7257  

10-05-12, 10:50 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Hate to say it, but from that last screen shot it is working for you... at least as well as it is for the rest of us. All the quests on that map are complete (which is the one large bug we already know and not sure why carbonite stops showing where to go if it's complete / breadcrumb using blizzards info) but you do have one quest showing on that map with a (1) and in your quest log, I see the matching quest with a grey circle instead of red so it's picked it up and ready to track it, so your no worse or better off then we are in regards to the watch log.

And that's why there seems to be a big push for me to do quests over solo map, so they'll track from anywhere in the world, and it'll lead you back to where you got the quest from everytime instead of randomly.

tho for some reason, once again no clue why, I can track quests in dread wastes while standing in jade forest... it baffles me because everything I think I know about what carbonites doing, says that shouldn't be possible.

10-06-12, 08:02 AM   #12
jktz122
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i have the same problem rythal in panda land many of the quest are not in the data base the radio buttons dont let me click it and carbonite cant show me where the quest npc person is

10-06-12, 08:35 AM   #13
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
I don't mean to be rude, but there's an acronym here. RTFQ.

We all want it to work, and many are aware it doesn't quite work in the case of breadcrumbs, but in almost every breadcrumb quest it gives you directions. It says "to the southwest" or "in the Nectarbreeze Orchard." In the cases where it doesn't work, read the damn quest, and follow the instructions. I'm sure it will be fixed eventually, but in the meantime, 6 threads about effectively the same issue is silly.

10-06-12, 02:05 PM   #14
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
continued

I was only posting and including the screenshots to be a helpful person and to try to help determine what issue a lot of people are in the forum are having.

I was not posting to get personal help to play, but to try to help diagnose issues.
Sorry if I didn't come across as that's what I was doing. I will refrain from taking peoples time from now on and just wait until Carbonites updates come out like I have been doing for 6 years.

Thank you to everyone who has worked on Carbonite for the best addon for WOW.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest watcher problems...