01-08-09, 09:53 PM   #1
Zolhex
A Murloc Raider

Question Quest Revealer?

Is there an add on that shows where every quest is in every zone?

If not this would be of great help to me and a few people I know.

I use Quest Helper which is great for getting me around to the right spots and to get the right stuff, But I would like something that shows on the map of which ever zone i'm in all the quests in that zone.

I have read some stuff on here and it seems that an add on that tracks quests is possibile and once you do a quest it would disappear from the map, I would of course need to have some way to mark quests as done if I did do them already as it seems an add on of this type would only track from the time after it is installed.

So to sum it up an add on that shows all quests (quest givers?) on the main map zone by zone so I can be sure I got them all.

Thanks for your time in reading this and efforts if you make or have made an add on that does this.
01-08-09, 10:57 PM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
yes it is possible, yes it would only remove quests completed upon installing it as there is no way for a addon to know what quests you have already done.

BUT this would be a HUGE job.
01-08-09, 11:34 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Casazil View Post

I use Quest Helper which is great for getting me around to the right spots and to get the right stuff, But I would like something that shows on the map of which ever zone i'm in all the quests in that zone.
Carbonite shows you where quest givers are, and where the daily quest givers are, on the map. But it cannot show you quests you've done previous to it's installation. Those can be (should be, I don't pay attention lol) auto taken off the map as you do them in game.
01-09-09, 05:18 AM   #4
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Carbonite shows you where quest givers are, and where the daily quest givers are, on the map. But it cannot show you quests you've done previous to it's installation. Those can be (should be, I don't pay attention lol) auto taken off the map as you do them in game.
You could also get EveryQuest - which is free :P
No matter which addon you'll go with though, it has no way of knowing which quest you have done before you installed the addon. It will track which quests you complete while the addon is installed though, and you can also manually add quests you have already done.
01-09-09, 05:25 AM   #5
vpr
A Theradrim Guardian

I have read some stuff on here and it seems that an add on that tracks quests is possibile and once you do a quest it would disappear from the map, I would of course need to have some way to mark quests as done if I did do them already as it seems an add on of this type would only track from the time after it is installed.

So to sum it up an add on that shows all quests (quest givers?) on the main map zone by zone so I can be sure I got them all.

Thanks for your time in reading this and efforts if you make or have made an add on that does this.
Maybe not the most elegant solution, but I just choose "Low-Level Quest" from my tracking abilities and I'm able to see all the !s I wouldn't normally see due to being too high a level. Of course this requires you to move around the zone to see them on your minimap whereas I *think* you want to just open your map and see them listed there.
01-11-09, 02:27 PM   #6
Zolhex
A Murloc Raider

@VPR ~ Yep that was what I was hopeing there was I have seen mods that show all kinds of stuff right on the main map of a zone I was kinda hopeing one exsisted for quests.

@Psoewish ~ Thanks I'll look into it.

@Silenia ~ I used Carbonite I didn't like it I checked out cartogpher as they have an added file to that one that says it does quests but the main cartogpher add on is out of date on the site here and with the enconomy the way it has been I have no money to go to their site and pay them for the latest version.

@tinyu ~ Yeah I was sure it would take alot to pull off and as I said I have no money but if I did I'd pay someone to make this. As I can't I was hopeing there was something that would do what I want already.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions everyone have a good day.
01-11-09, 03:54 PM   #7
tinyu
A Molten Giant

huh Cartographer is a pay to use mod now? or am i reading that wrong?
01-11-09, 04:13 PM   #8
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You read that wrong.

He was referring to Carbonite, but didn't format his sentence very well. Cartographer is not a pay-to-use addon.
01-11-09, 08:40 PM   #9
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

LightHeaded
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ghtHeaded.html

EveryQuest
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...veryquest.aspx

MobMap v3.17
http://www.mobmap.de/devblog/archive...Map-v3.17.html
RUN when you see me becuse
iīam going to be soooo loaded!!!
If you donīt knock on the doors,
donīt expect a good welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2KR4VQwu4
Now the real killing begins!!

Warsong

Last edited by Riddrick : 01-13-09 at 12:23 PM.
01-11-09, 11:15 PM   #10
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Cartographer is free and updated. Just goto either Curse or Wowace. Both places have same version and are about 1 month old. I don't think that can be considered out of date just yet. Carto is no longer updated here.

Also there is Cartographer 3 as well. No to sure if it does what you want.
01-12-09, 03:20 AM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
You could also get EveryQuest - which is free :P
No matter which addon you'll go with though, it has no way of knowing which quest you have done before you installed the addon. It will track which quests you complete while the addon is installed though, and you can also manually add quests you have already done.

No way I would give up Carbonite lol. It does entirely too much that the free ones do not... Carbonite is worth every penny and then some.
01-12-09, 04:48 PM   #12
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
No way I would give up Carbonite lol. It does entirely too much that the free ones do not... Carbonite is worth every penny and then some.
In the beginning I was against Carbonite (to say the least ). I tried all the others. So I broke down and bought it for one month ... used it for a few days and never looked back.

It's a very minimal fee for what you get and It is updated continuously with new quest info and new ideas. Well worth the money.
01-12-09, 05:14 PM   #13
Zolhex
A Murloc Raider

Just me is all not a fan of Carbonite I don't know that it is any one thing or if it is a combination of things buy just didn't like it and added to that I have no money to pay for anything more and well that pretty much kills any chance of me getting it anyway.

I'd love to have money to pay people for their hard work on here matter of fact there are several people I know whom have or do vairous work on the internet that allow people access to their work free and hope for donations that I'd love to give money to but alas that dang powerball lotto just does not seem to like me.

As to Cartographer yes I worded stuff wrong and yes it is free it was Carbonite I was refering to as a paid for add on.

I'll go look up Cartographer on one of those sites and see whats what.

Again thanks for your time in reading my ramblings have a good day.
01-12-09, 06:02 PM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
In the beginning I was against Carbonite (to say the least ). I tried all the others. So I broke down and bought it for one month ... used it for a few days and never looked back.

It's a very minimal fee for what you get and It is updated continuously with new quest info and new ideas. Well worth the money.
RAWR!

I wasn't really against it so much as I hated the way they placed the options (the options for each thing were not placed well, but it's gotten better). I couldn't find squat in there rofl. Carbonite definitely takes some getting use to, but if you're the persistent type then you win out in the end.
01-13-09, 04:11 AM   #15
Zolhex
A Murloc Raider

Ok went and played with cartographer and the cartographer quest add on file to the add on.

Me Likely in the main map just choose it to show all available quests and bam they appear life is good now to get them all done lol.
01-23-09, 07:48 AM   #16
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

QuestGuru marks your map where your current quest-givers are, of the quests in your log.

Also, I recommend the paid version of Carbonite, my only regret was I did not upgrade from the free version sooner.

Author of Daily Bean Counter, MyNameTogglesWhenIAFKorDND, Extended Shutdown Warning, Auto Mail Director, Duel Nullify, Spec Transmiter, Say Again, Window Teller, Who Crafts, Ad Repeater, Privy Cork, Mac Backup, and more.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Quest Revealer?